Literature / Oriuagor
Oriuagor. The One Who Waits
, also called The Prophecy of Oriuagor
, is allegedly a book published in 1732 that describes a frightening future where the earth is ruled by the Antichrist
, called Oriuagor.
In 2007, Danish author Palle Vibe
released the novel Oriuagors Profeti
(The Prophecy of Oriuagor
) inspired by the book. In the novel, various people encounter the original Oriuagor
book and are driven mad
or even killed by the experience.
Some sources (see below) claim that the book Oriuagor
really exists. The book seems to be a hoax (possibly perpetuated by Palle Vibe for publicity purposes), but who knows?
Tropes found in Vibe's novel
- As You Know: There is more than one Dan Brown-ish scene where the scientists explain their common knowledge to each other.
- Doing In the Wizard: The protagonists try to explain the effects of the evil book in scientific terms. The end of the novel leaves it ambiguous whether this explanation is actually true.
- IKEA Erotica: Near the middle of the book there is a quite long, very detailed and extremely un-erotic sex scene.
- Nothing Is Scarier: Most of the time, the manifestation of Oriuagor is only vaguely described.
- The Power of Love: Near the end, Adam Hewlett "realizes" that love conquers all.