Literature: Lightning Dust
After somehow surviving a deadly accident in his father's lab, 13-year-old Klaus Melfton gains electrifying powers, in which he wishes to use to aid the city-like town of Dellville. Little does he know that being a superhero is harder than it looks, and that it'll take more than just powers to be deemed a hero.Lightning Dust is a story by deviantArt user JNluvaDarkspyro11. The initial story was updated daily, and a series is planned.Official Information JournalChapter One - TumblrNot to be confused with a pony bearing the same name or a Canadian Indie Rock band.
This story provides examples of:
- Big Bad: Josh who doubles as Mad Scientist in a Frankenstein manner, having made the Tornadoes and Blood Scouts. However, the epilogue reveals that he was an unknowing Dragon.
- Dodgeball Is Hell: That is, unless you're Andy and/or on the same team he is. For everyone ELSE, trope applies.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Crystal Eye to Klaus, and later, Lightning Dust to Crystal.
- Genre Blind: If Josh had thought to kill LD after sucking away his powers, he probably would've won.
- Hero's First Rescue: Lightning's is to stop a robbery.
- Secret Identity: Klaus is Lightning Dust (duh) and Daniel is Crystal Eye.
- Shock and Awe: Lightning Dust is essentially a human lightning bolt.
- Start of Darkness: Josh turned to evil because his ideas were constantly pushed aside. One such incident took place while his co-worker, James, was on paternity leave. His boss gave Josh orders to wait. When Josh complained that James would be with his pregnant wife for three months, his boss replied that that that would be how long Josh would need to wait, possibly longer if James had another idea.
- Static Electricity: Klaus uses this against the school Alpha Bitch, and demonstrates to the reader that he now has total control over his powers.
- Wham Episode: Chapter 10 of the prologue. Specifically...
- Wham Line: “Let’s see who’s hiding under that-!!” and everything below it.
- Yellow Lightning, Blue Lightning - Yellow Lightning is the prominent color in-story