- Here are some regular lines:
Random Person X: Aren't you a little young to be [Y]?
Phineas: Yes. Yes I am.Random Character: Hey, Where's Perry?Random Character: Oh, there you are Perry.
- Not only Phineas, but other characters from the series get to say "Yes. Yes I am." Or "No. No Iím not."
- The lampshade hanging really takes off starting with "Leave the Busting to Us!", in which Candace notes how the same thing seems to happen every day, and exclaims "My life is like a bad sitcom!"
- Doofenshmirtz comments in "A Real Boy" on how Vanessa overhearing something he said out of context was like something on a sitcom, but he ends up mainly Breaking the Fourth Wall more than anything else.
- Dr. Doofenshmirtz does this frequently, too... like in "It's About Time!" discussing how he wants to hurt Perry the Platypus "the right way, with cartoonish acts of violence and hare-brained schemes."
- Another Dr. Doofenshmirtz example: when most of the main characters are in space for one episode, he exclaims "why is there so many people in space? What's up with that?"
- In the episode where Phineas and Ferb go to the mall and Ferb tries to help Vanessa get the Pizzazium Infinionite her dad wants, but at the end, Perry tricks the security guards into thinking Doofenshmirtz was going to steal it unbenknownst to him. As they drag him away, he says "Wait you canít take me, I donít have anyone to curse!"
- Another one lampshades the length of the series, with Phineas saying, "You're right Ferb. It DOES feel longer than 104 days."
- Buford also says "Are you sure it's only been three months? Because I added up the stuff we've been building and we're way over 115..."
- In "Fly on the Wall," Doof laments that the summer seems to be going on forever.
- In one episode, Stacy says "Hey, whereís Perry?" and Candace gives her a dumb look. Stacy responds with "What? Iím like the only person who hasn't said it yet."
Phineas: Ferb, I know what we're going to do today.Irving: (giggly noise) You said the words!Phineas: What?
- In Irving's debut episode, he asks if he can "Say the Perry thing." Also:
- There is a moment in "The Lizard Whisperer" where Phineas calls Steve the chameleon a dinosaur, but Isabella manages to question his terminology. Phineas replies that he uses dinosaur simply because it's "cooler".
- Doofenshmirtz often gets angry at Perry the Platypus for breaking holes in his walls and doors. This is taken to a new level in "Tri-Stone Area," when Caveman Doofenshmirtz obviously complains about this without even speaking English. It's pretty obvious the writers are adding even more Running Gags as the series goes on.
- By the Lights of Their Eyes is lampshaded in the episode "Blackout".
Phineas: Hey Ferb, isn't it cool how you can still see people's eyes in - Ferb, where'd you go?Ferb: *opens eyes*Phineas: Oh-hoh, you prankster!
- As is Traintop Battle.
Doofenshmirtz: You knew we were going to end up here eventually.
- When Phineas and Ferb made all the kids ninja suits to wear Buford asks Phineas which direction he's facing. Phineas says it's a good question before completely turning his eyes to the right before responding, "Left".
- During one of Perry and Doofensmirtz's fights. Doofenshmirtz states "But this is real life" cue Perry and Doofenshmirtz awkwardly looking at the audience for a few seconds. Also is a case of Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Canderemy makes fun of the Slow No trope. When the robotic dog gets shut down and drops the device that can return Candace and Jeremy to normal, the program goes into dramatic slow-mo and Phineas, Candace, Isabella and Buford all yell "Nooo" frantically (save for Ferb, who blinks in slow motion), complete with loud distorted voices. The only exception is Baljeet, who merely stands in his place and does the lampshade by asking why are they doing that.
- It is sometimes acknowledged that Major Monogram's eyes are positioned on the same side of his nose, in reference to the way in which he is drawn.
Doofenshmirtz: Wait a minute, wait a minute. How did you get the sunglasses to go on one side of your face? Who made these, M.C. Escher?
- "Night of the living Pharmacists" has Buford say "what's shakin', bacon?" which results in Baljeet pointing out that bacon does not shake. A few minutes later, Doofenshmirtz burns his hands, remarks that they're like bacon now, and then shakes them saying "Look, I'm shaking bacon!" Then he points out that he just made a Call Back to something he didn't hear, just for the sake of it.
- In the opening song of "Save Summer", "Summer all over the World", the whole world is celebrating Summer via a concert, even people in the Southern Hemisphere. The song realises this and says that it's a different time of year in the south.
- In Save Summer, Buford comments about how Phineas somehow ends up yelling at Candace in every special.
- Naturally the final episode of the show has loads of references to the previous episodes, especially during the final song which recaps the entire show.
Lampshade Hanging / Phineas and Ferb
This is a Lampshade Hanging page for Phineas And Ferb, which has earned most of its fame through its constant lampshading, mostly over its own jokes and Running Gags.