- Any time Jeremy's scowling exterior slips away and he shows that deep down, he actually loves his parents.
- In the June 16, 2013note edition, Jeremy sees his father wearing a Moby Grape shirt. Jeremy removes his shirt to show that he has a Flaming Lips one on underneath. The father responds by taking off his Moby Grape shirt to show he has an Electric Prunes shirt underneath. Jeremy responds with a Black Keys shirt. Then they both take off those shirts to reveal Led Zeppelin shirts. They see that they are both wearing the same shirt and embrace.
- After staying up nearly all night to do an essay the right way when everyone else in his class is cheating by getting their essays online, Jeremy mentions his woes to his mother, who tells him that she's proud of him for doing the right thing. He then hands her his (abysmal) essay, she takes one brief, utterly horrified look at it that makes her hair stand on end, she hands it back, and simply says: "I'm proud of you anyway, honey."
- In one storyline where Jeremy had to wear a fake pregnancy belly for a week, one strip shows him going into his parents' room in the middle of the night. He tells his mom how he can't sleep and is extremely uncomfortable because of the pregnancy belly...and then he thanks her for going through the real thing for him.
- One note Sunday strip shows Jeremy and his mom spending a whole day together, doing things like playing basketball, doing a driving lesson, and getting groceries. Near the end of the strip, Jeremy sees a Mother's Day display and panics: "AUGH! I forgot to give you a Mother's Day gift!" His mom's response is to kiss him on the cheek and say "Wanna bet?"
- Towards the end of the story arc in which Hector starts spending way too much time with his clingy girlfriend, a severely pissed-off Jeremy decided to finally be a man and talk to his best friend, telling him bluntly that he's being a jerk and his girlfriend is a parasite. The girlfriend faints from shock. Hector's response? "Really? I'm being a jerk?" Truer friends have never been seen.
- When Jeremy and Hector find out that Tim's mother has cancer and has been doing chemotherapy treatments, they decide to shave their heads so she won't feel lonely. Turns out she hadn't lost her hair at all, but she did have a good laugh about it.