Heartwarming: The Kirita Chronicles
Despite how dark the story can be, there are more than a few heartwarming moments as well.
open/close all folders
Story Arc One: What Happened Before
- Kayaba Akihiko helping Kirigaya Midori adopt Kazuta.
- Akio following Kazuta's advice and improving his life.
- Kazuta wishing Suguha luck in her kendo practice. Even though their relationship was not exactly a great one at this point, Kazuta still cared enough about her younger step-sister to wish her luck before entering Sword Art Online.
Story Arc Two: Welcome to the Death Game
- Similar to canon, Kirita tries to convince Klein to travel with her.
- Gorobei making it clear that he wants to make sure both him and his sworn brother Kikuchiyo survive the Death Game.
- Delano saving Johnny Black's life and building a grave for the other players that died.
- Even though Coper attempted to kill her, Kirita attempted to warn him about the danger. Unfortunately, she is still unsuccessful.
- Kirita building Coper a grave.
- Kirita apologizes to Argo for threatening him and Argo admitting he was partly at fault too.
- Kirita apologizes to Argo again about threatening him, and he tells her not to worry about it.
- Juho and Michiko's relationship is a mixture of this and a tearjerker.
- Kirito/Kirita's interactions with Akio during this chapter have quite a bit of this, especially towards the end which showcases their character development. The previous chapters have been building towards these moments between these two characters and it shows.
- Kirita/Kirita apologizing to Akio after punching him.
- Akio standing up for her after Kira accuses her of being a selfish Beta Tester.
- Kirito/Kirita willingly revealing her true gender to Akio despite their initially bad start.
- Kirito/Kirita inviting Akio to dinner when she previously would avoid eating with other players.
- Argo telling Kirita not to die because he does not want to lose a source of revenue. You can tell that he really cares about whether she lives or dies.
- After the defeat of the first boss battle and the death of Diabel Agil's group and Akio defend Kirita from Kira's group and some of the other supporters they gathered.
- Similar to the previous chapter, the Akio and Kirita moments are filled with this.
- Kirita telling Akio that she does not want him to come with her because she thinks it will cause problems for him.
- After Kirita is made a 'Beater,' he tells her that he wants to travel with her despite any problems they may face together.
- Kirita accepting Akio's friend request.
Story Arc Three: Rise of the Guilds
- Heathcliff giving Godfree a verbal smack down when the later tries to spread untrue rumors about Kirita is this and a Moment of Awesome.
- Shortly afterwards Heathcliff listening to Juho's worries counts as well.