Heartwarming / Robin Hood
The Crowning Moment of Heartwarming
page for the films, books and other media based around the legends of Robin Hood.
- "Love goes on and on..."
- "Marian, my darling, I love you more than life itself."
- Related to the above;
Robin Hood: I owe my life to you, my darling.
Maid Marian: (embraces him) I couldn't have lived without you, Robin.
- Robin going back into the castle to save the baby rabbit.
- After the Sheriff takes Skippy's gold farthing on his birthday, Robin comes by and gives him his hat and a bow and arrow for a present. Plus, he gives his mother a sack of money to feed her family with.
Robin: Keep your chin up, someday there will be happiness again. You'll see.
- When the kids infiltrate the castle, Maid Marian is absolutely polite and takes care not to talk down to them. As the viewers we are made to understand that she is worthy of Robin Hood (and not "just a prize to be won," as Princess Jasmine might put it).
- On that note, Lady Kluck's engaging Skippy in a mock fight as Prince John, even imitating him sucking his thumb is pretty nice as well as she's clearly trying to cheer up the kids after they got found.
- When things look their darkest and Friar Tuck finds his poor box, "Just like our church: empty," one of the church mice digs their last savings out from under their mattress and offers it for the poor, leading to this:
Friar Tuck: Your last farthing? Oh, little sister. No one can give more than that. Bless you both.
- If you look closely, you'll see that Friar Tuck has written "Forgive them all" on the wall of his cell.
- Marian's father is killed and Guy chooses a very bad time to make a move on her, so she runs distraught and heart-broken into her bedroom...where Robin is already waiting for her.
- When Much says of Djaq: "Djaq may be a girl, but she's one of the lads."
- Allan and Will's handshake just before Prince John's army attacks Nottingham in Walkabout.
- Many found Will and Djaq's declarations of love in the Barn Scene of Ick to be impossibly cheesy - but just hit the mute button and let the actors' faces do the talking. The way they light up in esctasy when they realize that they love each other is just gorgeous.
- John (of York) and Beatrice's forest wedding. D'aww.
- When Djaq tells Allan: "I believe you're a good man," after he clumsily tries to confess to her about the fact that he's been selling outlaw secrets to Guy. Also something of a Tear Jerker considering it's the last time they ever interact on-screen and the end of their quasi-romantic friendship.
- Robin and Marian's Together in Death scene at the end of season 3. After what is initially a fairly formal reunion in which they reiterate their love for one another, Robin suddenly grabs Marian around the waist and swings her around in a circle, with all the playfulness and joy that's always been the hallmark of their relationship. The last thing we hear is Marian's happy giggling echoing up through the trees.
- John's been rescued, and Robin gives him back his tags -well, one of them. Where's the other? His son knows: "I shall never forget! My father is a comrade of Robin Hood!"
- Guy and Meg. Even though their time together is very short, it's still very sweet.
- The song "Marian", it may be a parody but it's still a very adorably song, especially with the soft rock cover version that plays during the end credits.
- Rabbi Tuck's introduction. He tells the merry men that his wine is only for blessing things. After seeing their disappointment, he says "Wait! There's things here. Trees, rocks, birds. Come, let us bless them all!"