- Chapter 4. Big Boss storming through the base, guns blazing, in an attempt to save Paz; the FSLA and MSF storming said base to save Big Boss; all of MSF deciding to stay on Mother Base, even though it is due to be nuked in a few short minutes, all because they truly believe with all their heart that Big Boss will be able to stop Peace Walker ON FOOT; the Army chief risking nuclear annihilation on Big Boss's word alone; and last, but not least, Peace Walker letting Big Boss rip its brain out, before drowning itself in the San Juan river to save the entire world, all while playing "Sing" by The Carpenters.
- What happens to Huey in the ending; Huey finally confronts Strangelove over whether she hates him, and she asks him out on a date, much to the former's embarrassment. It's really cute.
Huey: There's— there's something I've been meaning to ask you... Do you despise me?
Strangelove: Doctor? Are you asking me out?
Huey: [bashful] No, no. Not at all.
Strangelove: No? Pity... because I've just had my heart broken by someone else.
Strangelove: I only like those who can stand on their own. If you fancy me, then come walk with me. Who knows what miracles might happen? Love is blind, after all.
- It's only a random quote from a random player-mook, but it shows how much MSF becomes a group of True Companions, loyal to each other unconditionally, and how much they admire their boss: "We're not blood related, but we're still family. Come back home alive brother."
- One of Paz's audio files reveals that Miller went on a date with two women at the same time. They find out and report to Big Boss, who's reaction is to confront Miller in the shower and beat the snot out of him.
- The final speech invoking Outer Heaven. From one perspective, it's a Wham Speech, but on the other, it still makes it sound like Big Boss is doing what he's doing to bring other soldiers like him under his banner because he cares for them, and doesn't want them treated like him or the Boss. Of course, it later turns to revenge and Big Boss desperately invoking a cycle of eternal warfare using child soldiers, as expressed in Metal Gear 2, which is an utter Tear Jerker of a Foregone Conclusion.
- "Nothing to be ashamed off. Pain gets the better of us all."
- "I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life. Listen to me, Chico. You died here today. You understand. You're Hombre Nuevo. A new man. Now. Give that new life to me. Fight with me, little soldier. Show me how strong you really are. Dry your tears, then promise me one thing. No smoking until you get older. Remember, real heroes are never as polished as the legends that surround them."