- The end of the film:
Sonny: Does this...make us friends?Spooner: (smiles and extends his human hand, shakes Sonny's hand, and winks at him)Calvin: Something up here after all.Spooner: What, him?Calvin: You. (They both smile at each other)
- And the final scene:
Sonny: (looking down at the NS-5s being herded away) What about the others?(the scene changes to show Sonny's feet making footprints in the sand as he walks towards the plaque Spooner placed Lanning's holo projector on)Sonny: Now that I've fulfilled my purpose, I don't know what to do.Spooner: I think you'll have to find your way like the rest of us, Sonny. That's what Dr. Lanning would've wanted. That's what it means to be free.(cut back to reveal Sonny standing in front of the NS-4 storage ground. The NS-5s are all walking into the storage crates, but one by one they see Sonny standing on the hill, and stop moving, staring at him."This is the place where robots meet. Look. You can see them here as slaves to logic. And this man on the hill comes to free them. Do you know who he is?")
- The moment when Spooner saves Lanning's cat.
- When Spooner is investigating the robot storage yard, first he finds the NS-4s huddling in dark containers. Then, when he witnesses the NS-5s scrapping the old robots, he's spotted and the robots give chase. He's saved from impending doom by the NS-4s screaming "Human In Danger!" and leaping out to his defense. Even though they are no match for the superior models, their charge gives Spooner the time he needs to escape.
- Earlier, a old robot that was torn in half with limbs missing, crawls up to Spooner and shouts for him to "Run." before his battery dies and deactivates.
- The little girl being reunited with her nursemaid after years of being apart and trying to find him again.
- Said girl's mother, previously suspicious and disliking of the robot, "Robbie", accepting the robot after it saves her daughter's life.