Heartwarming / Dragon Jousters
- Just about all of the hatchings.
- Just about all the Vetch and Ari moments from the first book are heartwarming ones. Their father son like bond in the rest of the series is pretty heartwarming too.
- Ari's getting a funerary shrine for Vetch.
- Ari helping Vetch and Avatre escape the compound.
- Kiron (with some help from his wingmates) saving Ari from falling to his death at the end of book two.
- Kiron trying to be kind and comfort Aket-ten during her exile in the Temple of All Gods.
- When Prince Toreth stumbled into his pen (and straight into an anxious Kiron and Re-eth-katen) after what he thinks is a close call with the Magi.
Toreth: We are defeated, and I am disgraced and friendless...
Gan: Ah, so I am no friend then?
Toreth: (protesting) No! But.. surely your parents will not wish you to associate yourself woth a known traitor...
- After Toreth's funeral Kaleth turns to leave, but Kiron stops him. Telling him come and live with the rest of the wing.
: We don't want a replacment
, we want ''Kaleth''
, our friend, who needs someone to share his grief with, just as we do. Come and be yourself, with us, who are your friend.