Heartwarming: Dominic Deegan
- Dominic and Luna tend to share one of these at the denouement of each major story arc. (See here for one of the best examples.)
- Dominic proposing to Luna. Then this.
- If this doesn't warm you up, nothing will.
- Dominic and Luna's impromptu wedding.
- Stunt, of all folks, gets one here.
- Szark Sturtz' complete 180 at the end of the "Ecstasy and Evil" story arc, in which he shoulders the blame for all the wrongdoings he's committed in the past, and willingly seeks professional guidance. Sure, he could've blamed his behavior on being possessed, but no; he decided to take it like a man. Bravo.
- In my name
- And Szark gets another one after his duel with Scarlatti, which he was the key to saving an entire town from being bought out and turned into a sports stadium. And after almost relapsing into his old killing-because-it's-fun mentality...
Lars Sturtz: You used to fight for your own pleasure. Today you fought for something greater than yourself. You helped those in need and asked for nothing in return. Szark, you are not just my son...you are my hero.
- Lord Sigfried in that same series also gets one earlier on, after the attack on Barthis (before it was destroyed). A cult tries to get everyone in the town to kill themselves, which is foiled by Dominic and his friends (at this point, Sigfried brutalized Dominic and his brother Greg - with his own walking stick, no less). The heroes then find themselves at a celebration in their honor, when they learn that "Siggy" was the one who told them, "Yeah, those guys saved your town."
- When Dominic starts teaching, he tells the students in his balls-to-the-wall difficult topic of second sight that over half of them will drop his class...and reiterated just about every day. But then..."Well, professor, you said more than half of us would drop this class. But we're all here."
- "It's a shame we don't hang out more often." "I agree." Read the Winter Archipelago section of the "Oh Snap" story arc; it'll be that much more heartwarming.
- "Don't say I've never done anything for this family."
- "I think it was a fair trade."
- Oh god the blues link makes this that much more heart wrenching, and you can tell EXACTLY how Stunt feels about it. Oh god the feels.
- That probably falls under a different trope...
- Unbelievably, a moment involving Jacob. Looks like the events in Maltak returned his humanity to him and, most heart-warmingly, patched things up between him and Dominic to some degree. Perhaps the fissures dividing the Deegan family are finally healing...
- Miranda as a child
- The last comic, and the ones leading up to it are a heartwarming send off to the comic.