Headscratchers / Reflections Lost on a Dark Road
If the aliens can create "Double A" psychics, why are they all wandering around free-range? Why are these city-busting psychics not deployed as Trenchards? I know X-Com doesn't care because they're basically Nazis with justification, but the authors need to start waving their hands really fast. It started out as a reason for Let's You and Him Fight
(and to prove that Sociopathic Soldiers
with Supernatural Martial Arts
are superior combatants to Thou Shalt Not Kill
superheroes), but it never quit bothering me.
- Until recently, Ethereals and Sectoids were quite capable of fulfilling the needs of the Mind for psychics; besides, if they really want to do mass destruction, all they really need to do is start bombarding the place with UFO-mounted plasma cannons.
In the military, the chain of command is a big deal. Everybody needs to know where exactly they fit in it; who their boss is, who becomes the boss when the boss is out of commission, and who becomes boss when the backup goes down until you get to the last guy standing. And yet when DT
Ryouga asks if he should appoint somebody to be his second in the newly formed Yankee squad... he's told to not bother.
Why the heck was RtC
Ryouga brevetted two ranks for the Pathfinder
mission? There doesn't seem to have been any need for any temporary rank increase at all; it's not exactly uncommon for people of the same rank to have one of them in charge of a particular mission. And even if was considered 'necessary' for Ryouga to outrank Ranma, why make Ryouga a major instead of a captain? The only explanation that comes to mind is that if Yankee had been dissolved, its place on board Pathfinder
would have been filled with a group including one of Seiran's captains... but with RtC Ryouga still in command for some strange reason.
- Starfire being able to pull off the Hiryu Korin Dan while her knowing the Hiryu Shoten Ha can be explained by checkove skill that was not the case with the Hiryu Korin Dan. Further more fanon crept in due to the fact that Ranma a very private person explained to her in her own words in excruciating detail how the technique works.
- Fridge Brilliance Starfires characterization is actually a lot more similar to Ranmaís then Ryoga that, her warming nature, plus the fact that they were both recovering at the time might have gotten him to let his guard down.
- Better yet lathis mainly got his source from the anime while cathis from the manga. While manga ranma in more inclined to downplay his skills the anime ranma is more inclined for bassass boast.
- She also mentioned that drilled her endlessly on her knowledge of the technique most likely to think up new variations he might have thought the korin dan was an even trade.
- Can Ranma use the yamasenken
- While he hasnít depicted the skill yet in the story he should be able to use the original at least.
- How Long Have They Been Gone
- Its been shown that the Pathfinder crew didnít experience time at the same pace as X-COM Earth. What about Titans Earth? Will there be a difference in the passage of time there?