- When David and Jennifer first arrive on Falken's island they are dive bombed by a Pterodactyl. It's not as weird as it sounds.
- Also, a bit of dark humor, to be sure. As JOSHUA/WOPR is preparing to launch the nukes, and it has become readily apparent that preventing it would be difficult, to say the least, General Beringer, who was opposed to the WOPR system in the first place, decides it's the appropriate time to give his evaluation of its efficacy.
General Beringer: (smirking triumphantly) Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks.
McKittrick: I don't have to take that, you pig-eyed sack of shit.
General Beringer: Oh, I was hoping for something a little better than that from you, sir. A man of your education.
- When Falken and McKittrick meet.
Falken: John, good to see you! I see the wife still picks your ties.
- How David scams to get sent to the principal's office: insulting the biology teacher...
Teacher: All right, Lightman. Maybe you could tell us who first suggested the idea of reproduction without sex.
David: Um... your wife?
- Some of the film crew can be heard laughing as well; they weren't aware of the joke prior to filming; director John Badham decided to leave the laughter in.
- Eddie Deezen and Maury Chaykin codifying computer geekdom for Hollywood.
- General Beringer shows why trying to hold two conversations at once, especially when one is with the President of the United States, is not a wise idea:
Beringer: (on the phone) Mr. President, we have forty-eight nuclear subs closing in on the United States, and a hundred thousand troops massing in East Germany. We're monitoring their bombers that are on alert... (airman hands Beringer a report) Well, that's a load of shit! (into phone) Oh, no, no, sir. Not you.
- In the beginning sequence, there is a sign next to the door to the missile launch room that reads, "Anyone urinating in this area will be discharged".
- "Put "X" in the the center square." "No".
- Falken's frantic hand gestures to David and Jennifer ("COME ON!!") from inside his helicopter.