- In the original film, Nora's expression as she watches Nick shoot balloons with the air rifle he got for Christmas.
- This exchange in After:
Nick Charles: You see, when it comes to words like that, an illiterate person...Polly Byrnes: Whaddaya mean "illiterate"!? My father and mother were married right here in the city hall!
- At the climactic dinner party in the original film:
Nora: Waiter, will you please serve the nuts? (beat) I mean, will you please serve the guests the nuts?
- This entire video is devoted to them.
- In the novel:
Nick: All right, talk, but do you mind putting the gun away? My wife doesn't care, but I'm pregnant and I don't want the child to be born with-
- The movie's version is pretty funny too: "My wife doesn't mind, but I'm a very timid fellow."
- In After the Thin Man, when Nick finds yet-another-body:
Nick: "What is this, bank night?"