- The BFG lets loose a Whizzpopper...for the Queen of England. She takes it in stride.
Queen: I think, on the whole...I prefer the bagpipes.
- The maid, Mary's reaction to seeing the BFG.
At least that....Beat (BFG looking calmly at them)
- Followed by the military leaders' reaction,
Blimey. He's a big fella, ain't he.
- The Seargeant's rather understated reaction deserves a mention:
- The nightmare the BFG releases among the giants and the giants' subsequent reactions to it.
- Dahl's narration is funny as always. One line from right after Sophie is kidnapped from her room by the BFG reads, more or less: "And if you can think of anything more terrifying than that happening to you in the middle of the night, let's hear about it."
- The Heads of the Army and Air Force having a childish argument over wether they should use guns or bombs to defeat the Giants.
Air Force: Pow! Ka-boom! Bombs!Army: (makes machine gun noises) Kaput! Tanks!Air Force: Ka-boom!Army: Kaput!