- While Spirit and Little Creek are staring at the opposite side of the gorge with Spirit clearly meaning to jump it.
Little Creek: Oh, no.Spirit: [internally] Ohhh, yes.
- The Musicalis Interruptus courtesy of Rain stopping abruptly at the edge of the Lakota village, and the rest of the scene where she prevents his efforts to escape.
- The moment near the beginning of the film when baby Spirit gets his tongue stuck on an icicle. His face is just priceless. He then snaps it off and carries it with him.
- Baby Spirit and the herd of buffalo which are Right Behind Him.
- A Double Entendre in the Norwegian dub when Spirit monologues "Mares" after Rain whinnies at him for nearly attacking Little Creek; the Norwegian word for "mare" is also a rude name for women, pretty much meaning "bitch" but milder.
- Everything happening to poor Murphy. Even the cavalry horses are laughing at him.
- The gradually-increasing level of restraints used in an attempt to hold Spirit still long enough to groom him is hilarious in a No Kill Like Overkill sense.
- One soldier gets knocked into a pile of manure during Spirit's escape.
- The montage of Spirit bucking the cavalry men off his back. One insults him ("Lousy piece of horse flesh!") and Spirit charges at the man, who barely manages to leap over the gate to safety.