Funny: Serious Sam
aka: Serious Sam The Random Encounter
Serious Sam: The First and Second Encounter
- Right when the original boots up, you hear Sam exclaim (in a hilariously rough/gravely voice): "Sam I Am!!!!!!"
- "To be or not to be... that is a serious question."
- The secret watcher in Second Encounter, especially when you shoot at it.
- In Before First Encounter, the entire cutscene of Sam blowing up the Sphinx and his ensuing argument with Quinn is one big Crowning Moment of Funny.
- In TSE, there are several rooms which have gravity fields that propel enemy mooks (and the player) around from wall to wall. The game also supports doppler shifting of sounds. The rooms are full of kamikaze bombers. You can see where this is going.
Serious Sam II
- How Sam uses the Elvian cannons in II, literally just lying on top of one of them and clinging to it for dear life. It's a mystery how he even fires it!
- Sam winning the trust of the Elvian people in II and heroically walking off to go fight Cecil the Dragon...only to trip and fall face-first into the camera, breaking it.
- Coast 2 Cost in II can head to several moments of hilarity, as the AI on the jet enemies aren't the best at flying in tight spaces, which can lead to them regularly smashing into walls and exploding all on their own.
- After fighting his way through Kingsburg, Sam descends into the sewers by ragdolling his way down a manhole and hitting every pipe and piece of metal grating on the way down.
Serious Sam 3: BFE
- This line from the BFE trailer, which may double an Awesome Moment:
- This scene from BFE':
Headless Kamikaze: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!Sam kills the headless kamikazeSam: AAAAAAAAAAH—- put a sock in it.Hordes of headless kamikazes approachHordes of Headless Kamikaze: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!Sam: Uh oh.
- This is a callback to a similar scene from The First Encounter, with the only change being Sam's one-liner to the first Kamikaze. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH yourself!"
- Also from BFE, there's the cutscene where Sam locates Professor Stein's phone next to his severed arm. Quinn had been calling, and when Sam responds, telling her that Stein is dead, she asks if he found his phone.
Sam: "You mean the phone you just called??"Quinn: "Uh... right."
- "Jesus Harold Faltermeyer Christ!"
- The Final Boss fight of BFE, with Sam walking in on Ugh-Zan IV throwing down with the sandworm that had been chasing him.
Sam: You guys having an ugly contest? I'll make it easy for you, you both win!