Funny: Serious Sam
aka: Serious Sam The Random Encounter
- "To be or not to be... that is a serious question."
- This line from the BFE trailer, which may double an Awesome Moment:
- The secret watcher in Second Encounter, especially when you shoot at it.
- In Before First Encounter, the entire cutscene of Sam blowing up the Sphinx and his ensuing argument with Quinn is one big Crowning Moment of Funny.
- This scene from BFE':
Headless Kamikaze: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!Sam kills the headless kamikazeSam: AAAAAAAAAAH—- put a sock in it.Hordes of headless kamikazes approachHordes of Headless Kamikaze: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!Sam: Uh oh.
- This is a callback to a similar scene from The First Encounter, with the only change being Sam's one-liner to the first Kamikaze. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH yourself!"
- Also from BFE, there's the cutscene where Sam locates Professor Stein's phone next to his severed arm. Quinn had been calling, and when Sam responds, telling her that Stein is dead, she asks if he found his phone.
Sam: "You mean the phone you just called??"Quinn: "Uh... right."
- "Jesus Harold Faltermeyer Christ!"
- In TSE, there are several rooms which have gravity fields that propel enemy mooks (and the player) around from wall to wall. The game also supports doppler shifting of sounds. The rooms are full of kamikaze bombers. You can see where this is going.