- While the film is far more serious than the Dollars Trilogy, constant sarcasm from Harmonica and Frank occasionally crosses the line into hilarious.
Frank: How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants.
- Guess where Frank shoots the informer when the idiot proves to be too much of a liability? Hint: Frank shoots him three times...
- And Cheyenne's reaction to the informer's death is deadpan: "Told you to keep your mouth shut."
- Some scenes in the 11 minute intro, probably an intentional example. And the tense and cool exchange afterwards.
Harmonica: Did you bring a horse for me?
Frank's Man: Looks like we're shy one horse.
Harmonica: (shakes head) You brought two too many.
- This little gem:
Harmonica: The reward for this man is 5000 dollars, is that right?
Cheyenne: Judas was satisfied with 4,970 dollars less.
Harmonica: There were no dollars in them days.
Cheyenne: But sons-of-bitches? Yeah.
- Some Black Comedy
Morton: Tell me, was it necessary that you kill all of them? I only told you to scare them.
Frank: People scare better when they're dying.
- Cheyenne doesn't care one iota about the final duel and is just annoyed when the shooting makes him cut himself while shaving.