Funny / Meet the Robinsons
Lewis, meet your future adoptive father.
- Bowler Hat Guy revealing to Doris his brilliant plan to get revenge on Cornelius Robinson...with toilet paper. Doris comes up with the idea to steal the time machine. Bowler Hat Guy says it best:
"And though my plan was brilliant, Doris's was...well, let's just say we went with Doris's."
- Both Wilbur putting on the Carmen Miranda hat, catching Lewis totally by surprise, and eventually realizing it's nuts and switching it out.
Wilbur: Dude, I can't take you seriously when you're wearing that.
- The best part? Lewis goes around the house and meets the rest of Wilbur's family, who somehow manage to make the fruit hat look normal.
- Wilbur's explanation for why the hat is necessary: "If my family finds out I brought you here, they will bury me alive and dance on my grave. I'M NOT EXAGGERATING!...Yes I am but not the point."
- When the Time Travel machine is broken...
- When Bowler Hat Guy has Lewis captured and is telling him his entire back story, he talks about how he met Doris, and says that "we retreated to our villainous lair". The footage shows that they actually went to an adorable kiddy theme restaurant.
- For the DVD, every time the director's commentary gets interrupted by Bowler Hat Guy and Doris.
- The deleted scene where we get to see how Wilbur talked Carl into helping.
- When trying to figure out where Lewis went, Doris and Bowler Hat Guy split up on the roof of the orphanage to look for clues. Doris finds time travel residue and DNA of Wilbur Robinson. Bowler Hat Guy is absolutely delighted with his find... a stick.
- "I have a big head and little arms!"
- This line:
Bowler Hat Guy: Oh, I know! I'll turn him into a duck! That's delightfully evil! Oh wait... I don't know how to do that... I don't need a duck...
- Definitely the Tom Selleck joke.
Lewis: ...Spike and Dmitri are twins, and I don't know who they're related to.
Wilbur: Neither do we. Go on.
- This. About twenty-eight seconds in.
- The singing frogs.
- Singing frogs with mafia connections. "Little Doris now sleeps with the fishes."
- The Robinson Family are an entire mix of Crowning Moments of Funny, Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, and Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- Grandpa Bud showing Lewis around the house:
Bud: Oh, Lucille should be baking cookies. [opens the door to show Lucille dancing in a disco room] Keep baking them cookies Lucille!
- "Don't sass me, Boy! I know karate."
Bowler Hat Guy: (after releasing the dinosaur) Doris will be so proud of me!
(cuts to Doris who looks absolutely furious
- "Little Doris now sleeps with the fishes." Doris takes the monitor from Bowler Hat Guy and smacks him upside the head with it.
- This conversation.
Lewis (to Uncle Art): Is dinner like this every night?
- Lewis pulling out the "I am your father, young man" detail to win an argument against Wilbur near the end of the film.
- The "Cornelius comes home scene" full stop. Franny's deliciously flat "Oh boy...", Bud's casual "Well, he's home early", Cornelius bursting in yelling about the time machines being gone only to spy Lewis, his younger self who waves sheepishly and after being singled out for causing the whole mess, Wilbur's remark of "Ratted out by the old lady. Harsh."
- Tiny the T-Rex's entrance. Everyone is scared, except Lewis.
Lewis: [excited] Why didn't you tell me you had a pet dinosaur?
- More unreliable narration from Bowler Hat Guy:
Bowler Hat Guy: They all hated me...
Kid: Hi Goob! Wanna come to my house after school?
- Dr. Krunklehorn arriving to judge the science fair
"Is that a bow tie? I like bow ties. I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN EIGHT DAYS!"
- "You can stay awake for days with no side effects."
- One of the contestants is Lizzie, whose display is of fire ants. When asked about them biting people
Only my enemies.
- One of Bowler Hat Guy's ideas to lure Lewis out of the house is to turn him into a duck. Which he soon realizes is neither beneficial for his plans nor possible.
- Another idea he had was to blow up the entire Robinson house, until he remembers that this would kill Lewis.
- You know what? Most things that Bowler Hat Guy says and does can be marked as this.