- The "Exploring Your Masculinity" tape recording scene in its entirety. Mere words cannot describe.
- Emily's unfortunate choice in who to try to pick up next after Howard admits the truth.
"Is everybody gay? Is this The Twilight Zone?"
- "This is my Peter - uh, my *friend* Peter. We just met at the, uh, intersexual... homosection... INTERSECTION!"
- The lead-up to Cameron winning Best Actor: his movie is Anvilicious Oscar Bait, and the other four nominees star in... descriptive movies.
- When Peter and Howard have a talk, Peter reveals that he is gay himself. Howard asks him about his coming out and Peter says he came out to anyone he could. His mother, his father, his boss and his dog. How did they react?
Peter: Well, my mom cried... for about ten seconds. My boss said, "Who cares?" and my dad said, "But you're so tall".
- The kiss scene between Howard and Peter. It lasts a good 10 seconds and Howard tries, unsuccessfully, to kick Peter's ass during it. note And then the reaction after.
Howard: You kissed me!
Peter: You noticed.
- "Here, I'll give you your headline: 'HOWARD BRACKETT IS A BIG HOMO QUEER MARY SISSY MAN! He just came out at his big church wedding! Martha Stewart is furious!" Afterwards, he punches Peter (who misses the point of his rant) in the face.
- Every single instance of Barbra Streisand as a Running Gag, including Funny Girl and Yentl brought to Howard's bachelor party, and this after the wedding:
Emily: Does anybody here know how many times I had to watch Funny Lady?
Howard: It was a sequel. She was under contract.
Emily: Fuck Barbra Streisand, and you, too! *punch*
- Inspired by Howard, his mom's friends decide to give some confessions of their own. "They are not my recipe. (...) Those are a dead woman's treats", "I hated The Bridges of Madison County", and "My husband has three testicles!" The last one leads to awkward silence, one of the ladies laughing, and everyone joining her.
- In the above scene of Howard's mom and her friends giving confessions, one of the women tries to comfort Howard's mother.
"You had two sons. You raised them the same, fed them the same, loved them the same, and one's gay and the other is..."
- The "I am gay!" scene. Highlights include...
"I am gay!" *rips toupée off* "And I am bald!"
"You're not gay! You're a tramp!"
"We're the fire brigade. Howard was always there when we needed him." *every member of the voluntary fire brigade stands up* "Gay!"
"Uh-oh... that means I am gay, too!"