- "There was a kangaroo...in my living room."
- Jen's imaginary driving test/car chase in the kitchen.
- As the family returns home from a Horrible Camping Trip:
Steven: Up to your rooms, now.
Alex: Uh, Dad, I think I'm a little old to be sent to my room.
Steven: You're also too old to be whining in the car the whole way back.
Alex: [whining] I wasn't whining...
- Not long after Andrew is born, the family is having to deal with him crying in the middle of the night. When one of them brought the baby outside, he stopped crying. When they went into the nursery to sing to him, he stopped crying.note So, after reviewing everything that worked, Stephen has them take the crib out into the hall and the family goes into the nursery and sings. We'll chalk it up to sleep deprivation.
- The over-the-top presentation Alex designs for Jennifer about how a bill becomes a law, filled with Eagleland Patriotic Fervor—he has her dress as the Statue of Liberty and end with a huge Rousing Speech and fireworks, with the result that the teacher applauds and ends up in tears. The kicker, however, is that he had been pretending to be a dumb jock...so that when Jennifer finally threw a fit and quit over Alex's Stage Mom antics in "directing" her, he suddenly drops the facade and tries to fill in to give the presentation, ending with a very sheepish slip back into "dumbness", claiming he was only saying "what he'd heard his sister say".
- When Steven walks in on Nick with a pair of flowers, doing an impromptu song asking Mallory to marry him.
- One episode starts with Elise showing Andrew pictures of his family and asking who they are. He correctly identifies the first two. Then we get to the third.
Elise: Who is this?Andrew: Alex.Elise: Who is Alex?Andrew: Alex is king!
- "Remembrances of Things Past", with a bit of Mood Whiplash.
Steven: (after an argument with his dad) Do you know what I wish, Robbie? That he wasn't my dad. (sees his dad listening in) I'm sorry dad, I didn't mean it!
(his dad walks away)
Robbie: Nice going!
Steven: Oh, what did I say? What did I say?
Robbie: You said you wished he wasn't our father!
Steven: I know what I said!
(Sits on the chair his dad was sitting on. He hears something break. Pulls out a broken pipe.)
Steven: Oh no! What did I do? What did I do!
Robbie: You broke his pipe!
Steven: I know what I did!
- Alex's attempt to impress Ellen by doing an interpretive dance...of the stock market crash of 1929. It's just as ridiculous as it sounds.