- Leading directly on from the reunion with War's horse, Ruin, the audience watching this from the arena starts to jeer and yell insults. Resulting in this brilliantly delivered line:
The Watcher: Are you not entertained?
- Death's sarcasm. That is all.
- Everything about Wicked K.
- Everything about Ulthane.
Ulthane: Now get off of my property! 'fore more pigeons come lookin' an' crap in me yard!
- When Samael is telling War he needs to find Ulthane, The Watcher complains that he's adding conditions to their deal. Samael gets annoyed with being interrupted and sends him flying with a light backhand.
- The book has a lot of amazing one liners from Death.
- It's even funnier when he's actually outmatched by Azrael in the sarcasm department. Twice.