- Pretty much the entirety of the video for "Life in Technicolor II".
- The Elvis impersonators playing violins in the Christmas Lights music video.
- Doubly so when you realise that one of them is Simon Pegg.
- An already funny scene from Saturday Night Live parodying the fact that Adele's "Someone Like You" is used for Tear Jerker situations was made all the more sweeter when they as the musical guests for the night, were cameoed in.
- From a 2005 interview in the Sunday Times:
- Chris: "I know you think we just sit and count money, but sometimes we do other things, like teach the drummer to play piano."
- Coldplay + Game of Thrones: The Musical. Complete with the series cast singing and the narration of Liam Neeson ("It's the first romantic ballad about incest in Coldplay's career..." "Taken On Ice?! Better get my skates on!").
- Physical releases of A Head Full of Dreams list the track "Colour Spectrum" as an actual color spectrum bar.