- "UFO". That is all, all full of Sweet Dreams Fuel.
- "If you love me, won't you let me know..."
- Para, para, paradise...
- "In My Place".
- "Yellow" and "Strawberry Swing", two of the most heartwarmingly beautiful songs ever composed.
- Their tribute to MCA, Fight For Your Right.
- When Kylie Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer, she was forced to pull out of the Glastonbury Festival. Coldplay then performed "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" in honor of her with the audience chanting along.
- The lyrics to "Magic" become even more poignant due to the fact only a few weeks after the single's release, Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow separated. And I just got broken / broken into two / still I call it magic / when I'm next to you...
- "Speed of Sound" is really inspiring, and is sure to bring a happy tear to your eye.
- "Fix You" is one of the most simultaneously heartbreaking and uplifting songs ever recorded.
But if you never try, you'll never know / just what you're worth...
- The Scientist is heartwarmingly hopeful at the end. "Running in circles/ Chasing our tails/ Coming back as we are".
- "O" and by some extension "Fly On", the track before it, being one of those with a Bittersweet Ending for how horrible your break up with a loved one is, remember the good times you had with them.
- "Up&Up" and its accompanying music video. Just watch.
We gonna get it, get it together, I knowGonna get it, get it together somehowGonna get it, get it together and float up and up and up...
- "Amsterdam". As heavy a listen as it is, it gets hopeful once it starts picking up, considering the song's narrator is someone whose life is spiraling out of control but is redeemed and saved by The Power of Love. These lyrics end the song (and by extension, the album) on an optimistic note.
Stood on the edge, tied to a noose
You came along and you cut me loose