Fridge: Stargate Universe
- In "Pain", one of the Air Force members becomes erratic with the belief that there are snakes underneath his skin. Scary enough a thought on its own, when recalling what the Air Force dealt with before, one begins to understand just how horrific that scenario would be.
- Of course the inhabitants of Novus have a cure for Motor Neuron Disease. A sizable portion of the population is descended from TJ after all, thus it must have been a lot more common on Novus than on Earth.
- Not to mention, of course they would have a greater understanding of genetics than we do. Due to their entire population being derived from less than 80 people, they would have been forced to find ways to sustain their population through genetic engineering, otherwise the genetic bottleneck would have caused them to interbreed themselves into extinction within a few generations.
- And, they started out with all of the knowledge that their ancestors could record. Due to the aforementioned inbreeding issue (and certainly someone in the group would understand the 50/500 rule) genetics would have been a high priority. Then add a couple thousand years of development, even despite having to bootstrap their infrastructure before they could actually advance the sciences.
- The implications of those body switching stones are terrifying if you really think about it. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that consent has ever been given for the Destiny Expedition to have sex in their donor bodies, and it seems to be implied that there isn't as Eli has to remind Dr Rush and Dr Perry of this after walking in on them kissing. But even if you are perfectly fine with this (and perfectly fine with a complete stranger and/or someone that you'll have to work with every day seeing your naked body) the moral implications are never explored. Who would technically be the parent of any child accidentally born from this union? Who would have the final decision on an abortion? What would happen in the event of an STD? It is all just glossed over just so we can have some fanservice. One also has to wonder what the job description actually entailed for these volunteers, because would anyone reading this willingly let someone go off in their body to get drunk, eat junk food, start fights and potentially get seriously injured in an accident? It is you who has to deal with the long term consequences - imagine being rendered a paraplegic for life because Eli crashed the car coming home from the nightclub.
- How exactly did the U.S. government explain the Lucian attack on Homeworld Command? Gonna be kind of hard to cover up a second major terrorist attack on the Pentagon without resorting to lying about who pulled it off. Who is the American government gonna blame for this one?