- The subtitle of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest has bothered me and many others for a while. During production, it was "Diddy Kong's Quest", but it was changed at the end. Then the reason hit me: it's supposed to sound like "Diddy's Conquest". - Mischlings
- Also, he's on a quest to find DK... Diddy is literally on a Kong Quest.
- In many Donkey Kong Country games Cranky Kong tells you that old games were much more challenging than they are nowadays. First I thought it was quite weird, since he was never playable. Then I realised that nobody needs to be the main character to PLAY THE GAME HIMSELF.
- Actually, Cranky Kong is canonically the original Donkey Kong from the arcade game. The Donkey Kong in the DKC series is the original Donkey Kong, Jr. When Cranky is talking about himself and referring to older games, he's talking about his appearances in the arcade cabinets (and the original Game Boy remake).
- As of now, he's a playable character.
- In Donkey Kong 64, you play the original Donkey Kong arcade game for one of the Golden Bananas and the Nintendo Coin. Now, Jumpman, the character you play as in Donkey Kong, moves slow and can't jump high... sort of like the Kong you rescue in the same level.
Fridge / Donkey Kong