Film: Turn Me On Dammit
Turn Me On, Dammit (Norwegian: Få meg på, for faen) is a 2011 Norwegian coming-of-age comedy film by Jannicke Systad Jacobsen, after a novel by Olaug Nilssen.The film is set in lays Skoddeheimen (something like "Misthaven"), somewhere in western Norway. Alma, 15 years old, lives alone with her mother. She is full of raging hormones and spends her days daydreaming and fantasizing or hanging around with her two friends. At a party, Artur, a boy on whom she has an obvious crush, pokes her with his penis when they are alone outside. When Alma mentions this to her friends they, and absolutely everyone else, do believe Artur rather than her. Quickly shamed and ostracized, Alma becomes even more depressed.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Alma does this a lot. Three times onscreen and once offscreen. It's even a plot point.
- Animal Reaction Shot: The opening scene shows Alma listening to a phone sex operator, and masturbating with her dog watching in fascination.
- Better Than It Sounds: It's a movie about a horny teen girl who gets poked in the leg with a guy's penis, and has random masturbatory fantasies about various characters. And the title sounds like a porno. In reality, it's a very frank portrayal of adolescent sexuality, and is actually kind of sweet. It's even been compared to Napoleon Dynamite.
- Bi the Way: Most of Alma's fantasies involve boys, but at one point, she fantasizes about fondling Ingrid's breasts and going down on her. Though, really, it's unclear if she's actually bisexual, or just really horny.
- Cassandra Truth: A major plot-point in the movie is that nobody believes that Artur really poked Alma.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Alma narrowly averts this trope at the beginning, but later falls victim to it when Artur walks in on her riding on a roll of coins at the store. Thankfully, she still has pants on, though.
- Cool Big Sis: Alma has one, living in the big city.
- Coming-of-Age Story
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Dick Alma".
- Erotic Dream: Constantly. Played for laughs and for (mild) drama. At first, it isn't entirely clear if Alma's incident with Artur actually happened, or is another one of these.
- Emo Teen: Naturally, though a mild case.
- Granola Girl: Sarah has tones of this crossed with a mild case of goth.
- Growing Up Sucks: Not just for Alma but also for her over-her-head mother.
- Immodest Orgasm: It is revealed that Alma's mother has heard her masturbating (while calling out Artur's name) many times. Alma is understandably embarrassed.
- The Modest Orgasm: As noted above, Alma can be very vocal, but the one time we actually see her climax, it's silent. Probably deliberate on her part since she's masturbating in a public bathroom. Did we mention there is a lot of masturbation in this film?
- No Antagonist
- Precocious Crush: Not quite a crush, but Alma's middle-aged boss shows up in one of her fantasies.
- Sex Is Evil: Alma's mother seems to think so. Most parents would be upset with their child for wasting money on phone-sex, and stealing porn, but Alma's frequent masturbation is pretty normal for her age.
- Smoking Hot Sex: In one of Alma's fantasies about Artur.
- Smoking Is Cool: Alma and her friends seem to think so.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The song at the beginning sounds a lot like Depeche Mode Jazz Thieves
- Unreliable Narrator: An interesting example, in that it's never immediately clear how much of Alma's narration is describing actual events, and how much is her fantasy.
- Wild Teen Party: Alma and her friends visit one in the beginning.
- You Are Grounded: It doesn't help.