NOT a true story, but who cares!
Taylor: I don't know whether he's a psycho or just crazy.
Hardwick: He may be a psycho, but he's definitely not crazy.
— Referring to Parker
The survivors of a plane crash find themselves in the middle of a major terrorist plot, orchestrated by the power elite. It's up to these ordinary citizens to stop the conspiracy! The fate of the free world hangs in the balance!
This movie contains examples of:
- Badass Grandma
- Badass Preacher: One who won't let getting his tongue torn out stop his singing.
- Black Comedy - A woman is sexually assaulted by an AIDS-ridden man. It leads to one of the funniest lines in the film.
- Body Horror
- Creepy Twins: Creepy Siamese twins, joined at the head, one with a high-pitched voice, the other with a low-pitched voice. They get separated. With a machete.
- The Determinator: Parker is cornered by several terrorists, who proceed to pump so many bullets into him, he's more lead than flesh. And he's still alive, at least until Kirkland shoots him in the head.
- Disney Death: Cooney
- Handicapped Badass: The blind girl; at first a subversion, but then... "I can still hear you!"
- Kukris Are Kool: Parker. Uses it to cut his enemies' ears off, to make into a necklace. Of human ears. Yeah.
- More Dakka: Ya think? At the time(and probably still), the record holder for most bullets fired in a single movie.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Parker is so obviously based on director Lloyd Kaufman's old buddy, Oliver Stone.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad
- The Quisling: Kirkland
- Screaming Woman: Parodied - she's the first to go.
- The Stinger: "Okay, everyone wave! Dead people, wave!"
- Took a Level in Badass: Pretty much all the heroes, with the exception of Parker and Marshall.
- You Are The Translated Foreign Word: A variant - "This is Senor Sida. SIDA is our word for what your people call AIDS." (Incidentally, SIDA really is the acronym for the Spanish name for AIDS.)