Film: The Three Burials Of Melquiades Estrada
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada is a 2005 film directed by and starring Tommy Lee Jones.Melquiades Estrada, a Mexican working as a ranch hand in Texas, is killed through a misunderstanding, and his body hidden in a shallow grave. After his body is discovered, it is given a proper burial, but Melquiades' best friend, Pete (played by Jones), who knows that he wanted to be buried in Mexico, decides to steal the body and take it back to Melquiades' home town — with the extremely unwilling assistance of the man (Barry Pepper) who killed him.
- Anachronic Order
- Bilingual Bonus: A lot of Spanish in this film.
- Bury Me Not on the Lone Prairie: The central premise of the plot.
- Cowboy: Pete and his friends are the modern equivalent of the Working Cowboy.
- Eagleland: Various flavors here, from rednecks to generous cowboys.
- New Old West
- Really Gets Around: Rachel.
- South of the Border: They cross to Mexico.