Our heroes try not to become human roadkill.Monster Man
is a horror comedy film from the year 2003. It was directed by the same guy who brought us Shoot 'em Up
It centers on two pals: Adam, a meek nice guy, and Harley, a horny guy who is constantly mouthing off. They are driving to Adam's ex-girlfriend's wedding on the roads of Deep South
. Along the way they become a target for a stitched-up monster-for-a-man and his monster truck. As Adam and Harley try to shake him off their tail, they pick up a hitchhiking hottie, Sarah, who quickly regrets getting involved with these two.
Not to be confused by the Syfy
reality series Monster Man.
These tropes became roadkill:
- Antagonist Title
- An Arm and a Leg: Almost everyone in the area terrorized by the Monster Man is missing a limb.
- Awesome, but Impractical: The self-built monster truck used in the film couldn't go very fast (30 miles per hour at best), overheated very quickly, ran on expensive rocket fuel and had no steering wheel. But it sure looks cool!
- Groin Attack: Sarah nutkicks the guy in the diner who tries to force her to "dance" with him.
- Unusual Euphemism: Harley and Adam have a conversation on what Citizen Kane's "Rosebud" really meant (it was the nickname for the genitals of William Randolph Hearst's favourite prostitute).
- Villain Opening Scene: The film opens with Monster Man killing some guy with a vise.
- Wimp Fight: Adam's and Harley's brief fight after their first encounter with Monster Man.