Film: Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus
This 2006 film is a fictional biopic based around the life of famous photographer Diane Arbus. In the movie she is depicted as a lonely housewife. She meets the enigmatic Lionel Sweeney, goes down the path of infidelity, and discovers a world unlike anything she had seen before. It stars Nicole Kidman and Robert Downey, Jr..
This film provides examples of:
- Artistic License: The title basically spells this out.
- Beast and Beauty
- Beauty Equals Goodness: Subverted.
- Fashion Show: One that Diane's parents set up and Diane is the photographer.
- Love at First Sight: Diane and Lionel noticed each other when Lionel was moving in. Lionel was in a face mask but Diane was still intrigued by him.
- Pretty in Mink: One of the first scenes of the film is a fur fashion show, with Diane wearing fur skins, and even her daughter wears a little mink coat.