A 1993 movie directed by Henry Winkler and starring Burt Reynolds and Norman D. Golden II. It is about a kid named Devon who wants to become a police officer, and becomes one after giving them some information from witnessing a murder in a warehouse. Devon gets partnered up with veteran cop Nick McKenna, who then seek the killer.Needs a Better Description: Needs more plot details
This film contains examples of:
- Buddy Cop Movie
- Child Hater: McKenna.
- Comically Small Bribe: Imitating McKenna (who gave the bartender a twenty), Devon seeks information by slipping him a quarter.
- Drunk on Milk: While McKenna attempts to interrogate Bobo at a biker bar, Devon asks the bartender for milk. After receiving disapproving looks from the toughs at the bar, he asks for it "in a dirty glass" to raucous laughter.
- Fruit Cart: Sadly, while we see one, it never gets driven through.
- I Am Spartacus: As the gangsters round up all the kids at recess and ask for Devon, they each stand up one by one claiming that they are him.
- Police Are Useless: Any cop other than Burt Reynolds is unbelievably stupid. They do things like let a kid answer a police phone call that could've been an emergency, only have one cop protect a witness to a federal crime and don't even move him out of town, and allow a kid to give someone a speeding ticket for going three miles over the speed limit.
- Vandalism Backfire: Devon sets up his two bullies from school by standing next to a very expensive car and pretending it is his grandmother's. As the two bullies trash the car, Devin quietly slips away and waits for the two mooks that were chasing him to come out and see what is happening.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Thanks to years of watching cop shows and movies, Devon knows a lot about law enforcement.