A horror Anthology Film
from 1991, starring Gunnar Hansen.
A derelict meets three boys out in the woods, and joins their campfire to tell some scary stories
- "The Hook": Two lovers meet a hook handed killer.
- "Overtoke": Two delinquents look for weed, and get more than they bargained for.
- "The Fright Before Xmas": On Christmas eve, a man kills his mother for the inheritance money. He is then visited by a special guest.
- "Skull and Crossbones'': Undead pirates hound those who try take their island's treasure.
The wraparound story
- Twist Ending: As the boys go to sleep, the derelict tells them that he'll stay a while longer next to campfire to keep warm. He then takes off his fake hand and rolls in his Hook Hand, which is the same one from the first tale.
"The Fright Before Xmas"
"Skull and Crossbones''
- Ghost Pirate: After digging up the island's treasure, The Pirate tries to leave the island but runs into the reanimated corpses of its previous claimers.
- Kill It with Fire: The Pirate lures some of the zombies into The Black Man's hut, and sets it on fire.
- No Name Given: The main characters are only known as The Pirate and Cabin Boy. Likewise, the former slave living in the island is named The Black Man in the credits.
- Off with His Head!: The Pirate decapitates one of the zombies with his sword, and rips off the head of another.
- Pirate Booty: There is a treasure in the island, but there's a curse upon on it, which dooms anyone who try to claim it.
- Rise from Your Grave: More zombies come after The Pirate by rising up from their makeshift graves.
- See You in Hell: After being fatally stabbed, The Black Man curses The Pirate, and says that he'll be waiting him on the other side.
- Two-Faced: One of the zombies has rotten to the point that half of its face is just bare bone.