Film: The Terror
The Terror is 1963 horror film by Roger Corman. It stars Boris Karloff and Jack Nicholson.In 1806, a lost soldier from the French army finds himself in a strange castle, and investigates the strange people around it.
This film has the examples of:
- Becoming the Mask: Eric has been impersonating the Baron so long that he has become convinced that he really is him.
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: When Katrina (who's a witch) is forced to enter hallowed ground (a graveyard), a lightning bolt strikes her down.
- Dead All Along: Helene, who withers away when Ilsa's spirit leaves her body.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: Jack Nicholson plays a French officer with a New Jersey accent.
- Poor Communication Kills: Stefan confronts the old woman living in the cabin on the Baron's lands. He knows she's a witch, has some sort of plan against the Baron, and threatens to burn her out if she doesn't leave. She tells him she's avenging Eric. What Stefan doesn't ask is who Eric is to her, thus setting up the rest of the movie.
- Styrofoam Rocks: During the climax, rocks which fall in water float on it.