Fanfic Recs: Borderlands 2
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth going to one of Tiny Tina's tea-parties for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Borderlands 2
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business
. Please also be aware that, due to content policy changes, works that are Porn Without Plot
may not be linked to, including any work that is hosted on a certain meme.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
open/close all folders
Authors and Websites
Authors, and Websites
: by Shikaku Zetsumei
Gaige's Echo Logs
- Recommended by Discar
- Pairing: Angel/Zero
- Synopsis: Death on Pandora is a bit complicated. A young girl gets a chance at a life she never had, even if it is a bit... tense. An Angel-centric story
- Comments: Most Borderlands fics just ignore the New-U system, so it's nice to see some focus on that. Also gives Handsome Jack a little more sympathy, which is also rare.
- Recommended: by Slayer Jesse
- Pairing: N/A
- Synopsis: A telling of the game's main events in the style of Gaige continuing her ECHO-cast recordings.
- Comments: A lighthearted retelling of the game that is often humorous, but handles the game's dramatic moments well.
Also by Discar
Borderlands 2 Retold
- Recommended: by This Troper....Fine, Serial Killer Whale.
- Pairing: Sane!Krieg's one sided crush on Maya
- Synopsis: Krieg wakes up later after apparently riding outside the train that exploded, and, despite being fairly incapable of speech, manage to follow the other Vault Hunters, as Narrated by the Sane Krieg with Psycho Krieg providing commentary and references.
- Comments: Basically a Lower Deck Episode Featuring Krieg as Pro and Deutragonist, half the humor comes from Psycho Krieg's rambling, the other half from Sane Krieg's sarcasm.
- Would be better if some of Krieg's insanity was actual insanity instead of nothing but random references.
Leaving Pandora is Hard to Do
- Recommended: by Emperor Zim
- Pairing: N/A
- Synopsis: A retelling of the game's main events, but with more dialogue between the Vault Hunters and others.
- Comments: Some differences here and there, and the plot progression is a bit slow, but overall the story's well-written.
: by CGAdam
- Recommended by Jpuff
- Synopsis: After destroying the moonbase, there was a simple plan to get back into space and start hunting the Vaults 'out there.' Now, nothing matters but rescuing Gaige. All characters, Action, Adventure, Fun, Borderlands-style humor
- Comments: The absolute best Borderlands Fanfic I've ever seen. It's a continuation of the second game, but is both hilarious and awesome. Not to mention it has amazing characterization, including the most spot-on Krieg of any Fanfic.
- Recommended by Nightshade1218
- Synopsis: A series of stand alone one-shots and missing moments featuring a variety of characters in no particular order or time. Expect a buffet of pairings for kicks and giggles.
- Comments: The characterization is spot-on, and the pairings are worked nicely.
- The characters are well-written enough that the chapters could be cutscenes themselves, a great example being Chapter 10.
No Gods, Only Guns
- Recommended by Metal King 1417, Zaptech, USA Bobcat
- Crossover with: Mass Effect
- Synopsis: Ancient artifacts of immense power. Murderous synthetics. Ruthless megacorps. Unscrupulous mercenaries. Genocidal stellar god-machines. Incompetent galactic governments. Claptrap dubstep. The horrors of the galaxy are many, but there's one thing a good, mentally-unstable fortune-seeking antihero can rely on: the gun at his, her, or its side. Mass Effect/Borderlands fusion.
- Comments: First off: Udina with an eye-patch and cyberarm! On a more serious note, the story is another fusion by Peptuck that combines Borderlands' general batshit insanity and over-the-top humor with the interstellar political drama and impending apocalypse of Mass Effect, with Lilith replacing Shepard.
- Digital Patriot: Definitely gotta recommend this. The author manages to combine the characters and atmosphere of both Mass Effect and Borderlands 2 near perfectly, while changing events up enough for it to be a true fusion, rather than just another "retread of Mass Effect with someone else in Shepard's Place". Also, I will see your Udina and raise you Torgue Urdnot.