Fan Fic Recs: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Proof that the remaining 10% are worth dying (and then coming back) for here. These are recommendations made by Tropers for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here and to add it at the bottom of whichever folder you're adding it to. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
open/close all folders
From Darkness into the Light by FringeDivision2008
What's Behind Door Number 4? by Mecha74
- Recommended by: Evil Panda
- Synopsis: Faced with the task of killing the only goodness in his life just to prove loyalty, Grant Ward surrenders to the team. Can he earn back their trust and respect or will he forever be labeled a traitor? Has he lost the only good thing in his life because of his actions or can he gain Skye back? Can Coulson pull another Romanoff and turn Ward into an asset? Based on 1x21 Ragtag promo (AU)
- Recommended by: Evil Panda
- Synopsis: When you come from hell, it's hard to believe you deserve anything better. And when you've carried secrets alone for so long, it's damn near impossible to believe that there's anyone out there who could share your burden. The team's journey, from Ward's perspective. I believe in Grant Ward, and I believe there is hope at the end of the story.
- Recommended by: Alienof Doom
- Synopsis: Coulson gives Ward a history lesson.
- Recommended by: 2wingo
- Synopsis: An AOS/Carrie crossover fic. "Carrie White has survived, and finds herself cornered by agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. But things do not go as she expects them to. Based on the new 2013 Carrie movie. Story crosses over into ALL Marvel movies, not just Marvel Studios films. Be warned, there are spoilers for...well everything. Rated T for language and violence."
- Comments: A very interesting What If? fic, it's very easy to get drawn into the story as Carrie works to create a new life for herself, Coulson helping her every step of the way. The author is good enough to have as few spoilers for the movies and TV show as possible, though some are inevitable.
- Recommended by: bissek
- Synopsis: Director Fury's car is towed while he and several of his top agents participate in Congressional hearings, so he decides that they'll take the metro back to the Triskelion. Shortly after they get on, Coulson's team, who is spending the day at the Smithsonian while Coulson is with Fury, stumbles on a terrorist plan to blow up DC's subway network...
- Comments: An interesting blend of drama and humor.
- Recommended by: kiapet
- Synopsis: Snippets of conversations amongst members of Coulson's team. An alphabet challenge.
- Comments: A collection of oneshots featuring character interactions throughout season 1. Everyone is remarkably in-character, and it ranges from hilarious to heartbreaking.
- Now has a sequel, Confetti Canon, which does the same for Season 2