is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfic
written by Portmeirion and based on a storyline and artwork by Valkyrie-Girl
Set one thousand years after the conclusion of the series
, the story deals with the adventures of two earth pony sisters, Blue Moon and Summer Sun, who are transformed into alicorns by the Elements of Harmony and appointed to rule Equestria after the deaths of the former princesses. Renamed Aurora and Corona, respectively, the sisters are forced to adapt to their new lives quickly in order to deal with a grave new threat.
The fic is now complete and can be read here
- Bad Dreams: Aurora suffers from these after she hears that Ponyville is being plagued by Nightmare Moon.
- Big Fancy Castle: Canterlot Palace. Corona gets lost in it in Chapter 2.
- Big Sister Instinct: Aurora has this towards Corona, even though the two are twins.
- The Chosen Two: Aurora and Corona.
- Deer in the Headlights: Aurora initially has this reaction when confronted with what appears to be Nightmare Moon.
- Don't Go in the Woods
- Edible Theme Naming: Like her ancestors, Pink Pearl is named after a variety of apple.
- Exty Years from Now: Takes place one thousand years in Equestria's future.
- Face Your Fears: Aurora defeating a changeling disguised as Nightmare Moon.
- Family Business: Sweet Apple Acres, still owned and operated by the Apple family.
- Flashback: Every chapter begins with a scene from Blue Moon and Summer Sun's foalhood.
- Foregone Conclusion: Anyone who follows Valkyrie-Girl's art Will know "Nightmare Moon" is really a changeling and the sisters adopted her.
- Ghost Town: There are several such towns in the Everfree Forest, remnants of a past attempt by Ponyville to “tame” the woods.
- High-Class Glass: Glass Eye, the princesses’ chief advisor, wears a monocle.
- Insufferable Genius: Aurora thinks her mentor Lord Stargazer is one.
- It Sucks to Be the Chosen One: Aurora thinks so, due to the awesome responsibility it brings.
- The Lost Woods: The Everfree Forest, even more so than usual.
- Medieval Stasis: Equestria has changed relatively little in the past thousand years.
- Mucking In The Mud: The muddy bog in Chapter 4 makes moving difficult, and eventually starts to suck down its victims like quicksand.
- Mysterious Mist / Ominous Fog: Both occur in the swamp in Chapter 4. In addition to causing Aurora and Corona to get lost, they herald the arrival of the Will O’ the Wisps.
- Mythology Gag: According to Lantern Jaw, members of the Apple family are renowned for their honesty.
- No, Except Yes: Corona, when asked how her flying lessons went:
: Um…awesome! Yeah, they were great. I, uh…well, I’m still having trouble taking off…and staying airborne…and, uh…landing…. (beat
) Okay, so I’m not really doing all that great.
- Not a Game: When the sisters are entering the Everfree Forest, Corona makes a joke to lighten the mood; Aurora tells her that their mission is nothing to joke about.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Aurora in Chapter 4:
“Leave. Her. Alone!”
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: The new princesses.
- Swamps Are Evil: The swamp in the Everfree Forest is quite sinister.
- This Was Her True Form: After Aurora defeats her, “Nightmare Moon” is revealed to be a changeling.
- Tough Act to Follow: In-Universe, Aurora is afraid she’ll never match the legacy left behind by Celestia and Luna.
- You Can't Go Home Again: …once you’ve become an Equestrian princess.