Fanfic: Tales from the Fleet
Before Nexus, there was the Fleet, a massive amalgamation of ships of all shapes and sizes, almost all of which are falling apart at the seams or should have been retired a long time ago. The Exiles do their best to keep things working, and maybe a little bit more pleasant, as they travel all around the Fringe in search of valuable supplies, equipment and, if they're lucky, a place to call home.Tales From The Fleet is a WildStar fanfiction by EldritchSandwich, hosted on WildStar Central. The series of "short stories and serials" follows the daily life of Recon Team C of the Pint of Bitter, and later on the crew of the Crippling Blow pre-Nexus. While the subjects of each update vary, events are in chronological order and frequently make reference to past posts.
This work provides examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: The subject of Atero's rant in A Fine Mess:Officer Atero: Oh, of course! Of course that's what it's about! What is it with you men? I've seen trained Legionaries drooling on themselves over a Mechari... a robot... just because it happened to be hammered into the right measurements. You really are easy to please, aren't you?
Officer Kepler: Well, I...what measurements?
- Kepler's reply only puts the final nail in the coffin:
- Ascended Fanon: A avid fan once suggested that Huntress Skara be renamed Sorcha. The author liked the name so much that it stuck.
- Bastard Girlfriend: Huntress Sorcha. While she is not in a relationship with any of the characters—and as she's also considering them potential food-sources, not likely to have one anytime soon—she most definitely fits the bill.
- To quote a commenter:
- Beleaguered Assistant: Being Captain Tyrian's aide on the Crippling Blow was probably not Vexler's idea of serving the Eldan.
- Continuity Nod: Lacey is slowly learning how to play Transcenda with each update.
- Cool Old Guy: Johannes Edgar, the widowed mechanic of Recon Team B's ship, the Bearcat. He's pretty much the only person alive on the fleet that actually knows how to fix it, and more so how it works.
- Foil: Several:
- The loud, cheery, and optimistic Tirra vs the quiet, brooding, and cautious Lacey.
- The brash and careless Kepler vs the more practical and sensible Atero.
- The suicidally overconfident Captain Tyrian vs his long-suffering servant, Vexler.
- General Failure: It's fair to say that Captain Tyrian does not hold any real power in his own ship.
- Genki Girl: Tirra is very bouncy, cheery, and extremely affectionate, much to Lacey's constant, never-ending embarassment.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: Huntress Sorcha. While not as human as other examples:Officer Kepler: Well... the Huntress does have certain... mammalian characteristics.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Huntress Sorcha sees Kepler and Atero as "potential slaves or potential meat." Justified in that she's a Draken.
- The skull on the door of her quarters is also not an animal skull.
- Kicked Upstairs: Captain Tyrian was given the "honour" of his own ship—"a tiny little scout ship whose mission's basically a joke"—after an unfortunate affair with the Emperor's niece.
- Little Bit Beastly: Tirra, by virtue of being an aurin.
- Meaningful Name: The Pint of Bitter has Gran Grayback, a granok, as its captain.
- Noodle Incident: As of now, we don't know what Tyrian did exactly to get "promoted" to captain of the Crippling Blow. From what we do know, it involves the Emperor's niece and his not listening to his colleagues' advice.
- Reassigned to Antarctica: Officers Kepler and Atero. The former doesn't have much respect for the chain of command, the latter the one responsible for him.
- Savvy Human, Energetic Aurin: As mentioned above in Foil, Lacey is much, much calmer and sensible than Tirra is, and the latter does not hesitate to show her interest in the former.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Tirra, being an Aurin raised on Arboria, does not know of this "decency" you speak of.
- Unfortunate Names: The Crippling Blow, according to Captain Tyrian, is meant to deliver one to the Exile fleet. As it's "a tiny little scout ship whose mission's basically a joke," it seems the blow had already been struck.
- Uriah Gambit: Whether or not the Crippling Blow actually manages to stand a chance against the brunt of the entire Exile fleet, the Dominion is rid of one more incompetent official.
- Well Done Daughter Girl: Spur is the daughter of Gran Grayback, captain of the ship. According to her, "Captain can't play favorites," though it seems more like she barely ever sees him and have a few issues beside.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.