Fanfic / Son Of The Warp
Son Of The Warp
is a Crossover
fic between Percy Jackson and the Olympians
and Warhammer 40,000
. Set just prior to Sea of Monsters
, an attack on the camp is defeated thanks in part to a demigod named Joseph Regent. Not long afterwards, he is claimed by his divine parent... Tzeentch
This Fanfic provides examples of:
- Bad Powers, Good People: Joseph's a pretty nice guy, who also happens to be the son of an Eldritch Abomination whose followers are a Religion of Evil.
- The Beastmaster: Joseph has the power to command daemons of Tzeentch, and will probably be summoning them often.
- Beethoven Was an Alien Spy: Winston says that the last known alias of The Emperor was Carl Sagan.
- Blood Magic: Joseph uses blood from eight Olympian demigods, plus himself, to create an opening in the Warp so he can summon daemons. The alternative would have been Human Sacrifice.
- Canon Welding: "Chaos" from Greek Mythology is actually the Warp.
- Eldritch Location: The Warp.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: Winston tries to invoke this trope by taking the form of Chiron when he speaks with Joseph. Zigzagged, as Joseph finds that form uncomfortable, and instead has the daemon take the form of Winston Churchill.
- Genre Savvy: Joseph is very familiar with the Warhammer universe, and is quite aware of the dangers posed by daemons.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Joseph, of course.
- Humanoid Abomination: Joseph is part-daemon, making him immune to many of the dangerous effects of the Warp or Chaos.
- Hyperspace Is a Scary Place: Subverted - Joseph is perfectly comfortable in the Warp. Then again, he's part-daemon.
- Literary Agent Hypothesis: The Warhammer games and media exist in-universe. They are so far accurate about the current state of things, except for getting the date of the Fall of the Eldar wrong (it happened in the Middle Ages, not several thousand years from now as the books say). It's unclear who wrote them, or if their predictions will come true.
- Oh Crap!: Joseph's reaction to finding out who his father is, and more importantly, that he's living in the Warhammer universe.
- Parental Abandonment: Needless to say, Tzeentch didn't hang around to help raise Joseph. Enforced with Joseph's mother, as she was insane even before Tzeentch impregnated her. Averted with his adoptive parents, who were very caring. And then inverted when Joseph has Chiron use the Mist to erase his adoptive family's memories of him.
- Shout-Out: Michael Oversteegen, son of Athena.
- Squishy Wizard: Joseph. While his psychic powers are nothing to sneeze at, Joseph has no skill at physical combat. In Chapter 4, he loses a swordfight to Silena Beauregard (or, would have lost, had he not blasted her).
- His telepathy does give him the ability to predict his opponent's moves. However, this doesn't translate to avoiding them - even knowing what she's about to do, Joseph isn't fast enough to avoid her.
- Telepathy: Joseph can read the surface thoughts of others. He can only read one person at a time. The thoughts can appear as words or images - when he hits Silena's Berserk Button, he gets an image of himself in a body cast.
- Xanatos Gambit: Tzeentch's plan(s) involving Joseph, although only Tzeentch knows them.