Fanfic: Pony Space
Pony Space is a crossover fanfic between My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and Dead Space.After an ancient book is stolen from the royal treasury in Canterlot an attempt to prepare for the worst by Twilight and Luna ends with the accidental summoning of engineer, and Necromorph slayer, Isaac Clarke into Equestria. Now the two of them must find a way to work together while they try to stop the ponies who seek to resurrect the Marker.
Pony Space contains the following tropes::
- Breather Episode: chapter 9, which comes right after Fluttershy and Ditzy being kidnapped. It ends with a Wham Line.
- Eye Scream: Ditzy
- Feather Fingers: Justified in that it's low-level telekinesis.
- Lighter and Softer: For the Dead Space side. The story is about stopping the marker outbreak rather than surviving, necromorphs rarely show up, and much of MLP's light-hearted humor is kept.
- Later chapters subvert this becoming much darker in tone.
- MacGyvering: Isaac builds a new plasma cutter out of parts from a oven, an electric sewing machine, and an stereo system.
- Made of Iron: Celestia. She doesn't die from a bomb designed specifically to kill her because she wasn't within touching distance.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Rarity delivers one to one of diamond dog guards in chapter 18 while giving him an And This Is for... speech. She accidentally kills him in the process.
- Rage Against the Reflection: Isaac does this after seeing his new pegasus form in the mirror, and then hallucinating getting attacked and taunted by his own reflection
- Sanity Slippage: Isaac, of course. Rainbow Dash starts seeing marker apparitions and hearing voices later on.
- Ship Tease: Isaac with both Twilight and Applejack. Lampshaded by Marker!Kendra, much to Isaac's annoyance.
- Shoo Out the Clowns: Isaac attempts this on the mane six, it doesn't work, in fact seeing the horrible things the Marker Cult has done just makes them want to help more.
- Wham Episode: Chapter 10. Canterlot castle is bombed in an attempt to kill Celestia. Dash gets attacked by a pack of stalkers and is now seeing marker apparitions.
Canterlot was burning.
- Wham Line: At the end of chapter 9.