Fanfic / Old Meets New
made by RockSunner
, a crossover for Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
This is a Scooby-Doo to Scooby-Doo cross-over in which the original Scooby-Doo
Mystery Incorporated (from Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
to What's New, Scooby-Doo?
) meets the new Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
. It has spoilers to the end of the latter series.
This is a 27-chapter work so far, and it is still ongoing.
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- Alternate Universe: the original continuity is an AU to the Crystal Cove one.
- Alternate Universe Fic: A What If? with the insertion of the second Mystery Incorporated after the end of the first season of SDMI.
- Continuity Nod:
- Coolsville Velma calls herself "Dace" as a nickname to distinguish herself from her counterpart.
- Dace is commonly believed to be Velma's middle name. She was called "Velma Daisy Dinkley" in Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster. Velma in this story lampshades the Memetic Mutation that turned "Daisy" into "Dace."
- Dace mentions potential boyfriend Winsor from Legend of the Phantosaur. Shaggy also has a minor reaction to the word "bad", which he shakes off. He later learns how to activate "bad" mode again, with the help of Cassidy Williams.
- Fix Fic: the old Mystery Incorporated gets the new one back on track faster after their break-up, with the exception of Daphne, who may take longer to rejoin them, giving Hot Dog Water a longer time in the group.