Fanfic / Old Meets New
made by RockSunner
, a crossover for Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
This is a Scooby-Doo to Scooby-Doo cross-over in which the original Scooby-Doo
Mystery Incorporated (from Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
to What's New, Scooby-Doo?
) meets the new Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
. It has spoilers to the end of the latter series.
This is a 32-chapter work and it is now completed.
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- Alternate Universe: the original continuity is an AU to the Crystal Cove one.
- Alternate Universe Fic: A What If? with the insertion of the second Mystery Incorporated after the end of the first season of SDMI.
- Big Damn Heroes: Cassidy and the original Shaggy save Marcie from Pericles in a Curb-Stomp Battle using salvaged villain tech. Subverted because it was all engineered by the Evil Entity, as Marcie learns in a Nice Job Breaking It, Hero! moment. However, thanks to this change Marcie survives and enters the new universe with memories intact.
- Cassandra Truth: Mr. E, warning Casssidy and "bad" Shaggy that they cannot face the Evil Entity while corrupted. He is not believed, leading to a Face–Heel Turn by both.
- Chekov's Gun: The Dark Lilith suit is not used on Mount Diabla, but Marcie talks about building a "fight-or-flight suit" which is used by Cassidy in the dramatic rescue of Marcie.
- Continuity Nod:
- Coolsville Velma calls herself "Dace" as a nickname to distinguish herself from her counterpart.
- Dace is commonly believed to be Velma's middle name. She was called "Velma Daisy Dinkley" in Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster. Velma in this story lampshades the Memetic Mutation that turned "Daisy" into "Dace."
- Dace mentions potential boyfriend Winsor from Legend of the Phantosaur. Shaggy also has a minor reaction to the word "bad", which he shakes off. He later learns how to activate "bad" mode again, with the help of Cassidy Williams.
- Fix Fic: the old Mystery Incorporated gets the new one back on track faster after their break-up, with the exception of Daphne, who may take longer to rejoin them, giving Hot Dog Water a longer time in the group.
- Powered Armor: An exoskeleton for the old Scooby is made from Fright Hound spare parts. Shaggy has the Space Kook armor, and Cassidy has the Dark Lilith suit. Together they form a super Swat Team.
- Trigger Phrase: A backdoor into the Fright Hound combat program that can control the comatose original Scooby: "Nibiru Nibiru Nibiru". Foreshadowed when Pericles tries to use it, too late, then used for real by the Evil Entity.
- You Kill It, You Bought It: After killing Pericles, it is the fate of the original Scooby to become the host body for the Evil Entity.