Fanfic: Disk Mania
A fanfic made by RockSunner, a back-story for Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.The history of the Planispheric Disk and all the mystery-solving groups that have tried to unlock its mysteries.This is a 16-chapter completed story.
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- A Wizard Did It: Pericles was the wizard in one case, magically swapping two pieces of the Planispheric Disk, which explains why Velma is holding the wrong piece in Pawn of Shadows and All Fear the Freak (she should have had the Darrow piece, not the Mayor Jones piece).
- The Ageless: Every mystery-solving group that stays together long enough could get this benefit. Most don't survive long enough to benefit.
- Alchemy Is Magic
- Artifact of Attraction: the Disk pieces
- Danny Darrow calls the piece he gets "My Precious".
- Blessed with Suck: each group gets mysteries created for them to solve, which can involve people in criminal activities who otherwise would have been innocent.
- Continuity Porn
- There are detailed explanations for why the wrong pieces of the Planispheric Disk were sometimes shown in the animation, why there is a volcanic island off Crystal Cove that nobody remembers, and why Crystal Cove has so many glass door-knobs.
- Detect Evil: the Moral Compass of the Krampus
- Downer Ending: for most of the groups. But they get a Reset Button.
- Element Number Five: heart, or life
- Five-Man Band: Each group is one, a variation on the Scooby-Doo gang.
- Five Element Ensemble:
- Fred: Air
- Daphne: Fire
- Shaggy: Water
- Velma: Earth
- Scooby: Heart
- Historical Fantasy
- Mythology Gag
- The cowgirl group has Stella Houston and Sissy Hawgshank, both from Ghost Riders in Disguise, a story in DC Comics Scooby-Doo #6.
- The masked group is led by El Sabueso from The Mark of Scooby.
- Sufficiently Advanced Alien: the Anunnaki. They pull off a Divine Intervention or two.