Fanfic / GETSU Tide
From Fanfiction Dot Net
It's amazing how a single moment of carelessness can change everything. After a dumb mistake and losing Zangetsu, Ichigo is stranded in a world very different from his own. Forced to seek refuge with a strange but friendly crew of pirates who think HE'S the odd one, they embark in search of his sword, adventure, and so much more. But all isn't quite what it seems...
and One Piece
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Charlie and Merlin.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Since One Piece lives and breathes this trope.
- Special mention goes to Vice Admiral Metsumeri. Ichigo learns it the hard way, unfortunately.
- Big Brother Instinct: It may come as a surprise, but believe it or not Luffy sort of developed one for Ichigo. It probably helps that Ichigo is the younger of the two.
- Brought Down to Badass: Ichigo. He loses Zangetsu in the first chapter, but he is far from powerless.
- Calling Your Attacks: Of course.
- Special mention: "Hado number 33!"
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Perseus, of the Sea Nymphs.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: Often, since this is One Piece we're talking about. Arguing and cracking jokes while fighting or running from danger is very common.
- Crapsaccharine World: Since it is the world of One Piece. On smaller scales, this applies to most islands the crew visit. Things always tend to look happy and great at first glance, but turn very wrong upon the second look.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: The island of Atlantica, complete with dinosaur-buses that can fly... somehow.
- Fish People: The Sea Nymphs.
- Ghost Town: The many abandoned towns of Erebus.
- Humanoid Abomination: The humanoid creatures of Erebus.
- Hypocritical Humor
Brook: "You know Ichigo, when you first landed on this ship, I wasn't so sure about you. You're a Shinigami, a ghost, death personified. To tell you the truth, I found you really quite creepy!"
: "I think I can relate…"
Metsumeri: "Metsumeri is confused as to why his opponent is suddenly talking to himself."
- Idiot Ball: Like in canon, Luffy willingly carries it around for fun. Ichigo calls him out on it. It becomes a plot point later, and eventually leads to a major falling out between the two.
- I Gave My Word: Luffy to Ichigo.
Luffy: "We're gonna find your Zangetsu no matter what! So before then, don't you dare die. You got that, Moon Guy?"
Ichigo: "Of course, Luffy."
Luffy: "Yosh! It's a promise then!"
- In-Series Nickname: Ichigo gets two! "Moon Guy" from Luffy, "Nami's Brother" from the title the Marines has chosen to give him when he gets a bounty. He warms up to the first one, not so much for the second one.
- Living Ship: Hailong, the ship that ate the Kangaroo-Kangaroo fruit. It is a ship that sinks in water.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Adding on top of the already big casts from the two crossover fandoms, this story also contains a large number of Original Characters special to each island/Story Arc.
- The Man Behind the Man: Master Shearwater.
- Marionette Master: Gao Chao, Quilam. Potoro.
- Not Quite Flight: Ichigo can stand on air. This is a highly unusual ability for the world of One Piece.
- Only Sane Man: Ichigo, most of the time.
- Organic Technology: The Excelpods in Atlantica are dinosaur-cross-vehicles. Some of them could fly.
- Prehensile Hair: Vice Admiral Daigan.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: The Sea Nymphs. Wishram, Yingarna, Perseus, Wu Yue, and Senda.
- Story Arcs
- The Calm Arc: Chap1 - Chap6
- The Plague Arc/The Xiang Pio Arc: Chap7 - Chap12
- The Sacrifice Arc/The Atlantica Arc: Chap13 - Chap23
- The Forgotten Arc/The Erebus Arc: Chap24 - Chap32 (on going)
- Summon Magic: The Sea Nymphs can all do this, hinting it isn't a Devil Fruit ability. The mechanics behind it isn't yet explained though.
- Taking the Bullet: Luffy takes the bullet that is meant for Ichigo when he is temporary immobilized. The bullet is a seastone bullet, and Luffy knew, but still took the hit.
- Third-Person Person: Vice Admiral Metsumeri.
- Those Two Guys: Charlie and Merlin, from the Marines. They are less generic and more amusing though, and often get on Smoker's nerves.
- Underestimating Badassery: Vice Admiral Daigan is a walking parody of this trope. He underestimates everything, including his breakfast.
- Unexpected Characters: Kon and Grimmjow, and the Kidd pirates.
- O.C. Stand-in: Inevitable for Heat and Wire of the Kidd pirates, since they don't have much canon characterization yet. One of the rare instance that this trope is done absolutely right.
- World Gone Mad: How Ichigo initially sees the world of One Piece, like any logical person would. He gets better fairly quickly.
- The title of Chap19 is appropriately named What's Wrong with the World. When first learn of the political powers the Celestial Dragons wield in this world, Ichigo is utterly mortified.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Inverted in Ichigo's case, and we have this exchange:
Zoro: "And what's with that ridiculous coloured hair?"
Ichigo: "What? You're having a go at me for my hair? Have you checked your own recently? At least my hair is a somewhat natural colour!"
Zoro: "This is a natural hair colour! It's my natural colour!"
- You Shall Not Pass: Chap31, Sanji takes a stand against a large horde of Humanoid Abomination alone so Nami can escape. Needless to say, she is not okay with the plan.