Fanfic / Experiment 117
Quietly written under everyone's radar, Experiment 117 is a fanfic written by none other than Christian Humber himself
. While not the mythical part 7 of Christian Humber Reloaded, it's done in a similar style and may be in the same "universe." It's somewhat... familiar in structure, but holds a number of surprises for Humber vets.
After years of thought of as being lost, the guy who did the audio reading found a copy on an old hard drive, and it is now available to read here - Experiment 117
The hero/protagonist is a Pokémon
, a Lucario named Silverfang. He has silver eyes
and "blood vision," and so is exiled from his Lucarian village. This leads to him getting captured by scientists, jammed in a suit of power armor, and made to go up in power until he explodes his way out. Then Anubis, as the god lies dying, chooses Silverfang to be his successor and fuses with him. Humber, I mean Silverfang, I mean Anubis, falls unconscious only to wake up in the care of Ra, the sun god. After getting the ups on his situation, Silverfang goes into the future—courtesy of Celebi—and fights Mew Two. After the battle, they're both fatally wounded (!) and fuse to stay alive.
Now with psychic powers and a voice-in-his-head companion, Silverfang heads to the city to get himself a human form. So outfitted, he decks himself out in new clothes, fights a gang, fights some robbers, illegally downloads music, and then returns to his village in order to show up the gents who exiled him. There he meets his love interest, Ieda, and the two set off to beseech Ra to make her an immortal as well.
Unlike CHR, this was posted by
Humber himself to his DeviantArt
account. There are many things this has in common with CHR, but the story does make a few dramatic departures from the CHR style, notably in that there's a non
-curb-stomp battle, a lady love interest, and substantially fewer crossovers; as of yet, it's just Pokemon and Egyptian mythology. And a dash of Halo
for flavor. It yet remains to be seen if more will show up.
Listen to the Normalman audio recording here.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- A God Am I: Silverfang takes on the mantle of the slain Anubis.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Silverfang murders a bunch of muggers, then shreds a bunch of thieves, and then... downloads music from the Internet.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Silverfang fights using a combination of martial arts and aura blasts.
- Berserk Button: For Siverfang/Anubis: lawbreakers and being called by his original name.
- Cursed with Awesome: If Bloodvision has any negative effect on Silverfang, it doesn't seem to get in the way of him blasting through anything in his path.
- Genki Girl: Ieda glomps Humber, I mean Silverfang, when she recognizes him.
- Gorn: Silverfang rips off a punk's arm and then tears a group of bank robbers to pieces.
- Gray Eyes: With a matching suit of armor, even.
- Hypocritical Humor: As the new God of Justice, Silverfang goes into berserk rages when confronted with those who flaunt the law. He also illegally downloads music.
- Informed Attribute: Bloodvision is a curse afflicting Silverfang. It doesn't seem to do anything.
- Nonindicative Name: Silverfang has silver eyes and regular fangs.
- Power Armor: Silverfang sports a silver suit of power armor that boosts his aura powers until, whoops, he can simply annihilate his captors with nary a pause in his stride.
- Wolverine Claws: The power armor includes "paw blades" to assist in ripping up suckers.