Code: Pony Evolution
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Cross Over Fanfic
with Code Lyoko Evolution
, written by Romaji
. Twilight's rather bored with Equestria, and wants to go somewhere new. So when Princess Celestia offers her the chance to learn how to perform spells that can transit The Multiverse
, she immediately jumps at the opportunity. But the spell she uses takes her somewhere... unexpected. Can she cope with the new people she's met and help fight XANA while trying to find a way home?Or, you know, just nerd out to the thousands and thousands of new things to learn.
Code: Pony Evolution provides examples of:
- Aliens Speaking English: For plot convenient reasons, ponies use French as a common language. However, it gets translated to English.
- Arc Number: 12.
- Their are 12 who explore Lyoko.
- Multiverse symbols smear if they are not used in 500 ±12 years.
- The Lyoko timeout and other verses time out is 12 hours
- Arc Word: Game Over.
- Audience? What Audience?: Yumi.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Pinkie Pie, as usual.
- Casual Danger Dialog: Applejack with this line:
"That was mighty impolite of him to throw me down here like this."
- Cross Over: Code Lyoko Evolution X My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Gratuitous French: All the spells are in French.
- Mood Whiplash
A sudden change in atmosphere hits the factory floor.
- No OSHA Compliance: The factory. For one, the arc welders can swing over and "weld" workers, buzz saws can dice them up, the boiler room can get hot enough to cook them, and the sprinkler system is slow, shorting the power causes everything to go crazy and arc in the air, and the idea of circuit breakers must have been lost on the designers
- Justified, because X.A.N.A is doing a attack, and it can make things go wrong in ways they never intended. Or possible.
- The Multiverse
- Rhetorical Question Blunder: Here's an example.
No pony could even reply.
Although, could you?
"Um.. N-" Shut up, Pinks, that question is rhetorical.
- Rule of Cool: How Rarity knows how to use a gun.
- Rule of Funny: Duh! It's also frequently the target of Lampshade Hanging.
- Save Both Worlds: In the theme song.
- Skewed Priorities: Twilight has this quote.
"We're out of time. Let's try this now. Don't want to die here, or worse, be late."
- Starfish Language: "Fancy", although due to Translation Convention, it gets turned into Gratuitous French.
- Suddenly Always Knew That: Justified, as Lyoko explains what things are when you look at them.
"I looked at the objects and got a short bio on them. That just seems to be how it works here." Rarity responds.
- Although, how does Rarity know how to use a gun? Rule of Cool.
- Suddenly Voiced: X.A.N.A
- Theme Song: Here.
- Voice of the Legion: X.A.N.A has every kind of scary voice. EVERY KIND