Fanfic: Avatar Aang And The Sorcerors Stone
Avatar Aang and the Sorcerer's Stone
is a crossover Fan Fic
of Avatar: The Last Airbender
and Harry Potter
. It was made by AvatarCat12 on May 5, 2011, and is still going. This adventure/fantasy Fan Fic
is set two years after the events of the former series and at the start of the latter series.
In this fanfic, Avatar Aang
and his friends are invited by Albus Dumbledore
to cross over into another world to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. However, this strange new world is a lot for Team Avatar to explore and go on with their mission: to help Harry Potter, the other hero, defeat Lord Voldemort. They all encounter strange and new stuff in this new world...and their destinies stretch on further than they can imagine.
The author has confirmed that he is planning on making a sequel after this. And currently, it's completed.
This Work And Its Sequel Contain Examples Of:
- Alternate Animal Affection: A rare case for humans in this fanfic. Aang and Katara do show affection (such as kissing or hugging) to each other like any other humans, but they are also shown rubbing cheeks as cats would do and even licking each other's cheeks a few times.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: This happens to Katara in Avatar Aang And The Chamber Of Secrets due to a harmless prank mixed with Lockhart not using the spell to shrink her. So they have to find a cure for her and shrink her back to normal size.
- Big Brother Instinct: Sokka looking out for his friends as usual.
- Big Friendly Dog: Fang and Gin.
- Bullying a Dragon: This often happens.
- Characterization Marches On: Sokka shows some disbelief about magic. However, thanks to having gone through Character Development in Avatar: The Last Airbender, he learns to accept it quicker than before.
- Everyone Has Standards: Aang loves all animals as usual...except for Fluffy.
- Fantastic Racism: Malfoy and Pansy verbally attack Aang and Katara for being a couple despite being from other nations. So they try and force them to break up.
- Fire-Forged Friends
- The Hero: TWO of them, in fact!
- Noodle Incident: In chapter 20, Toph mentions almost getting Katara drunk only for the latter to quiet her down quickly.
- Shout-Out: Gin, Katara's dog, is named after the main protagonist from Ginga Nagareboshi Gin. In fact, he even looks like Gin!
- Part of Kya's speech to Katara is similar to a scene from Bambi II, when Bambi sees his mother in a dream.
- In the Quidditch chapter, Sokka exclaims randomly "You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!", just like from A Few Good Men.
- Katara attacking Dudley and his gang for attacking Aang is similar to The Lion King, where Mufasa attacks the hyenas for attacking his son, Simba. The dialogue that Katara and Dudley's gang have is also similar to the dialogue Mufasa and the hyenas have.
- The druid who travels with Firenze is a Shout-Out to World of Warcraft.
- Snow Means Love
- Team Pet: Appa and Momo return to fill this role again. Also, Hawky, who hadn't been seen since the ATLA episode The Runaway, makes his return. Not only that, but two new pets arrive: Gin the dog and Boulder the toad.
- The Bus Came Back: Hawky returns to Team Avatar after his debut appearance in the episode The Runaway.
- Those Two Guys: Sokka and Ron.
- True Companions
- Villain Team-Up: Voldemort and Ozai team up in the epilogue of the story.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Katara shows Dudley and his gang what they get for attacking Aang.
- Would Hit a Girl: Sokka attacks Pansy for attacking Katara and insulting Kya, but he does this for a good reason. He even lampshades this by saying this: