Fan Fic / Twisted Fates
A Fan Sequel
to the adventure game Ghost Trick
, by the Troper known as Manga Bottle.
Sissel is enjoying his cozy new life, but then Lynne, Cabanela and Jowd are troubled by a case involving a vicious Serial Killer
known only as 'The Twister'. Sissel tries to help, but soons finds himself in the middle of a nightmare. Add a cranky daruma-faced ghost, a snarky tabloid reporter, and the return of a few familiar faces, welcome and unwelcome, and Sissel finds himself with more than he bargained for.
Can be read here
Since this Fan Fic
is a Sequel
, be warned that the story, and thus this page, contains spoilers for the original game.
- Cats Are Mean: Sissel encounters a group of alley cats who do not like him at all.
- Continuation: the story takes place a year after the original story.
- Deadly Gas: Chapter 9 features an ugly encounter with mustard gas.
- Dirty Old Man: Toon-Face tries to hit on Lynne, who is not amused.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Poor Sissel... it's hard to take any credit when you're a cat, though.
- While most people are unaware of Sissel's powers, those few who are aware are usually grateful for his help. Well, that is except for Toon-Face...
- Finger in the Mail: The Twister sends Yomiel's wife a human head with it's eyes removed. If this wasn't bad enough, the whole thing came giftwrapped and had a love note attached.
- Four Is Death: Many ghosts have the ability to wind time back four minutes before a person's death.
- The Twister makes his first appearance in Chapter 4.
- Friend to All Living Things: The Ambassador for the blue-skinned foreigners has no fear of snakes, spiders and even frickin' bears.
- Even Evil Has Standards: When it's revealed that the Twister has allied himself with the blue-skinned foreigners, it's noted that even they think he's completely off his head. Only Commander Sith isn't bothered by the Twister's sick hobbies, but then again he's too busy sitting in his submarine eating his damn grapes.
- I Have a Family: One of the Twister's victims begs for his life because he needs to care for his sick mother. It doesn't work.
- I'm a Humanitarian: In a fashion. The Twister eats the cores/souls of his victims— not the bodies.
- It's Personal: Reynard's real reason for following the Twister case.
- It's Up to You: The natural outcome when a team of three (or four, counting Sissel... if he's, y'know, important enough), gets cut down due to meat puppetry via the antagonist and loss of limb. Lynne's in pretty deep.
- Jerkass: Toon-Face has this in spades.
- Reynard isn't too far off, either.
- Life-or-Limb Decision: The good news: Cabanela didn't die. The bad news: he's now down one foot.
- While Lynne, Jowd and Cabanela are on lunch break, the Twister taunts them by dressing up three slaughtered pigs to look like them and displays them publicly in the market square.
- Meat Puppet: It didn't have a positive outcome for anyone. Particularly Jowd or Cabanela.
- Mind Rape: The Twister gloats about using the power to travel four minutes to before a person's death and using it to save his own victims, only to kill them again. And again. And again and again...
- Moment Killer: Sissel deliberately ruins Yomiel's romantic intentions because he wanted to talk to to him.
- Monochromatic Eyes: Toon-Face's eyes are blank and white like an unused daruma doll, but they get covered in scratches whenever Toon-Face is stressed.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Subverted slightly, as the Little Ambassador is somewhat aware of the fact that snakes and spiders creep people out, he just tends to forget.
- Noodle Incident: Sissel is forced to revive Missile before the story begins, but all we're told is that it involved a lawnmower.
- Paparazzi: Reynard Charivari is a reporter for a tabloid magazine.
- People Puppets: One of the Twister's 'Powers of the Dead'.
- Pie in the Face: Alma is being harassed by Reynard, so she plans to slap him with a chocolate cheeskcake. Too bad it's actually her husband when she goes to answer the door...
- Retcon: The author has gone back and altered a few chapters a couple of time to clear up Plot Holes and poor characterization.
- Serial Killer: The Twister is a particularly brutal one.
- Homage: Chapter 6 contains a reference to this piece of fanart by rongs1234.
- Sliding Scale of Comedy and Horror: Kinda all over the place.
- Take Me Instead: Cabanela is able to convince the Twister to let go of a possessed Jowd.
- Torture Technician: This is how the Twister prefers to kill his victims.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Jowd has a fear of reptiles in general.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Type Two B example, as the Twister is able to devour the souls of the dead.