Fan Fic / The Adventures of Irving and Friends
The Adventures Of Irving And Friends
is a Phineas and Ferb Gen Fic
series currently being posted on fanfiction.net, by Robbie Rotten
, aka Spongey 444
. The oneshot series about Stacy/Albert is here
The story is centered around the Phineas and Ferb fanboy, Irving, as we get more insight on his life outside of Phineas and Ferb. Outside of being a Loony Fan
, Irving is a normal boy with a normal life. Normal being a relative term.The series has been well received, being called "Very very funny, and very in character". It was also named the Featured article on the Phineas And Ferb Fanon Wiki
in June 2011.
In May of 2011, a spin off series was made called "Albert VS", a spoof of Dan Vs.
. That never got started outside of a pilot episode
Tropes in this fanfic series include:
- Actor Allusion: One occurs in "Irving Who?" when Irving calls Phineas Greg, which is a reference to Vincent Martella's other role as Greg in Everybody Hates Chris
- A Day in the Limelight: Well, duh.
- One of the Many upcoming episodes is called “The Adventures of Albert and Friends”
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:
Baljeet: He's been acting really mean. He realized that his Mom is not that smart, he pokes holes in Buford's logic and he calls me a nerd!
- Lampshaded in "Albert's Shaky Comment"
Albert: YOU did this! You caused that quake, you hurt thousands of people! And you made my girlfriend and her family sad! ...In retrospect that last part isn't that bad
- Ascended Fanboy: Irving, seeing as when he first appears in the original series, he was just some kid that hung out with Phineas and Ferb once, but now he's pretty much part of the gang.
- Lampshaded in "Irving Who?"
Irving: Awesome! When we first met I was just some stupid fanboy. Now I'm an official part of the group!
- April Fools' Day:
- In 2011, a fake episode called "Irving Does Drugs And Goes To Jail" was posted.
- In 2012, there was an actual episode called "July Fool's Day". it's a huge BLAM episode.
- Berserk Button: Albert has tons of these. Basically, don't hurt Irving or Stacy. In any way shape, or form.
- Becoming the Costume: Occurs in the Halloween Episode thanks To Doof's new invention.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Used kind of often.
Phineas: Wait, where's Perry? Oh yea we forgot to Pick him up from Irving's house. I guess we're so caught up in supporting Non-Canon Shipping's that we lost track of time.
- How can you mention Breaking the Fourth Wall without mentioning this line:
Phineas: This isn't a cartoon!
Buford: Yeah, it's a fanfiction based on a cartoon!
- Catchphrase: All the phrases from the original show are present here.
- And Isabella is still very protective of hers.
Irving: So… Whatcha do-
Isabella: Say it and you die.
- At least until "Fired Fanboy" where she finally lets Irving say it.
- Continuity Porn: Given that it's based off Phineas and Ferb, this isn't very surprising.
- Christmas Episode: "E.L.F"
- Crossover: Episode 19 is one with Goosebumps
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Norm, of all people, is this in "Fired Fanboy". His evil invention has no self-destruct button and Perry's trap is inescapable. Unfortunately his is defeated once Doof takes over.
- This would later happen in the actual show.
- Departmentof Redundancy Department: The Bug Spray Spray in "Bugging Out". Lampshaded by Candace.
Haney: Here we go! Bug Spray Spray!
Candace: Kind of a redundant name don't you think?
- Failure Is the Only Option: Candace is still no closer to busting Phineas And Ferb than in the original series. She almost succeeds with Irving's help in "Bugging Out", but fails due to Irving forgetting to read the label on the Bug Spray Spray.
- Genre Savvy: Irving. Especially in "Bugging Out", where he attempts to use his Genre Savvy-ness to help Candace bust Phineas and Ferb. Of course he fails due to his own stupidity.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Pretty much the main reason Albert ends up with Stacy
- So much so that the oneshot series is named after this trope.
- Halloween Episode: "The Grim Albert" and "The Irving Zone" * Heroes Want Redheads: Irving.
- Hypocritical Heartwarming: The ending of "Bugging Out".
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Albert
- Lampshade Hanging: By the boatload.
- Loony Fan: Guess who.
- "Irving's Fan" has Truckloads of this trope everywhere.
Irwin: Oh, calm down. I was just getting some of your hair, some saliva, blood, sweat, tears-
Irving: Ewwww! Get out!
Norm: I'm fine...but how are you? You look tired.
Doofenshmirtz: Why do want to know?
Norm: Because I don't matter, only you. You're my life, I'm just your pawn.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: In "Irving Who?"
Candace: Oh come on! There are plenty of great guys in town!...And Albert.
- And a little earlier in the same one:
Isabella: Hey guys! And Irving.
- Musical Episode: "How It All Began: The Muscial!"
- Noodle Incident: Whatever caused Albert to be kicked out of boarding school.
- And whatever happened the last time Irving was obsessed with someone.
- Official Couple: Albert and Stacy
- Orginal Character: Larry The Lemur, and Irwin
- Out of Character: Phineas in "Fired Fanboy" after finding out Irving watches him while he sleeps. Lampshaded several times by Irving and Isabella.
- Relentlessly parodied in "Irving Does Drugs and Goes To Jail".
- Parody Episode: "The Norminator" is a parody of the Terminator, though it mostly borrows from the 2nd one, with many references to the 1st and a Take That to the Hate Dom for the 3rd one.
- Precocious Crush: Irving has one on Candace.
- Script Fic
- Ship Sinking: Even though this is only a fanfic, "Irving Who?" does this to Stacy/Coltrane
- Shipper on Deck: "Danville Dairies" reveals Candace to be this for Stacy/Albert.
- Shout-Out: In "Albert's Fools Day" Albert asks if Stacy has 7 evil exes.
- In The Norminator, Doof says Norm needs to be 20& eviler
- Something Completely Different: "Ninja Dude and Fan Man", which takes place in the universe of the "Team Improbable" cartoon from the P&F episode "out of toon"
- Synchronous Episodes: "Albert And The Spy" and "Candace On The Couch"
- The End of the World as We Know It: The entire premise of "Odds and Ends". though it's just a simulation Doof is watching
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Albert gives an interesting one in "Irving Who?"
Albert: I mean I'm more interesting! I act very mean to my little brother, but I will help him out if he benefits me. I'm a jerk with a heart of gold! You? You're boring. The only reason you exist is because Stacy needed a significant other. You're a nice guy, you can help her out in her time of need...and that's about it. You're flat and boring! You're a big bore. That is the reason you stink.
- This is even more awesome and hilarious when you find out it's a parody of how some fans think about Jeremy.
- The Stinger: "Ninja Dude and Fan Man" has one, to parody the stingers to the Marvel Cinematic Universe films leading up to The Avengers.
- The Un-Reveal: One occurs in "Irving Who?" when Phineas is about to reveal what Ferb is short for. Lampshaded by Buford.
Buford: Ugh! How come whenever someone is about to say something important they get cut off? That gets annoying.
- Used in the 2nd segment of "The Irving Zone" with the identity of the alien
- Very Special Episode: Spoofed in "Irving Does Drugs And Goes To Jail"
- Villain Song: "How It All Began: The Musical" has "This Is The villain song", as well as "Help me out".
- "Ninjadude and Fanman" has "Supervillains for badness sake", Odds and Ends has "The order of doof", and Episode 19 has "You can't escape me!"
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: But he can tell on one.
- Yet Another Christmas Carol: Lamp shaded in Episode 10
Albert: I've seen this plot before. Way too many times infact. Can't people come up with original ideas instead of re –using someone else's?
- Done again in the Christmas Episode where a ghost shows up to make stacy find a flaw with albert. Stacy doesn't make it past the past section due to her pissing off the ghost.
Tropes in Albert VS include: