We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Fan Fic: One Piece Final Holy War
One Piece: Final Holy War
is an AU Fan Fic
on FanFiction.Net: After an argument, Luffy leaves the crew and joins the revolutionary army. Dragon then inducts him into his strongest subordinates, the Knights of D and unleashes them onto the world. It is now all out war, the Final Holy War. LuffyxHarem. LuffyxNami, LuffyxRobin, LuffxVivi, LuffyxHancock, LuffyxShirahoshi. Diverges after chapter 653 and episode 573.
- Adaptational Villainy: The Revolutionary Army. While for the most part mysterious in the current canon storyline, they have shown some benevolence. Here, they're Well-Intentioned Extremists, while Dragon is shown to be downright evil.
- Alternate Universe: Quite literally. Almost all the characters introduced after the chapter and episode specified do not exist, including Z from One Piece Film: Z. Some of the characters' devil fruits are altered, such as Doflamingo (which is somewhat justified in that his devil fruit wasn't even named until 500 chapters after the man was introduced).
- Arch-Enemy: It's made very explicit that Luffy and Akainu absolutely despise each other. Luffy also has no love for Blackbeard, for obvious reasons.
- Big Bad: Dragon.
- Child by Rape: Luffy, who is the son of Saint Cassandra and Monkey D. Dragon. This was not on a whim nor was it for carnal pleasure; Dragon did this in order to conceive a child who had the blood right to inherit the leadership of the world from both empires that had right to claim it: the World Government and the Ancient Kingdom of the Void Century. He would then use that child as puppet ruler so that the world may be claimed by the Ds once more.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The Revolutionary Army easily conquers Mariejois. The only real challenging fights that any of the Knights of D had were against Akainu, and had Luffy not defeated him, Dragon or Sabo would have finished the job easily.
- Defector from Decadence: Saint Cassandra. As for how much? Luffy inherited his personality from her.
- Determinator: All of the Straw Hats, including Luffy (even if he left). It's this specific trait that causes both Doflamingo and Drake to realize that despite their lack of power (at least compared to the rest of the Revolutionary Army), the Straw Hats truly are the most dangerous pirate crew in the world and the most dangerous threat to the Revolutionary Army as a whole.
- Duel to the Death: Luffy's battle with Akainu is a death match to the core. While for the most part all of the battles the Revolutionaries take part in are death matches (no matter how one-sided they may be), this is the only fight where the conflict between the two combatants is personal.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The Gorosei are outright disgusted by Dragon and his plans, especially by his rape of Cassandra, and using the child conceived by that rape to rule the world.
- Exposition: One of the detracting traits of the fic is that there is too much exposition. While there is action, the exposition takes up most of the chapters in order to move the plot forward.
- Generation Xerox: Luffy gained his fighting genius and Determinator traits from his father, while his personality was essentially inherited from his mother, Saint Cassandra.
- Vivi and Shirahoshi's sisterly relationship echoes Shirahoshi's mother Queen Otohime's relationship with another World Noble — Saint Cassandra.
- Harem: Luffy is paired with five girls, all of whom are explicitly shown to be in love with him: Nami, Robin, Vivi, Hancock, and Shirahoshi. Of those five girls, only Hancock hasn't appeared in the story proper yet.
- Heroic Second Wind: Luffy has one in his last leg of his fight with Akainu after remembering Ace's death.
- I Have Your Mother: Saint Cassandra was the only World Noble spared during the fall of Mariejois for this reason. She was to ensure Luffy's compliance should he ever turn against his father, Dragon.
- It's Personal: Luffy and Akainu's entire conflict boils down to this. Luffy obviously hates Akainu for killing Ace, while Akainu hates him for his bloodline and the fact that he wasn't able to kill him the first time they met. In fact, once he learned (via Observation Haki) that Luffy was a part of the Invasion of Mariejois, he immediately ditched his battle with Elektra to settle the score with Luffy.
- Killed Off for Real: It's as if no one is safe. The Four Emperors (sans Blackbeard), Ivankov, Kuma, Akainu, Kizaru, the Gorosei, Jewelry Bonney, and Bon Clay are the most notable ones.
- Original Character: Nearly all of the Knights of D barring Luffy and Sabo are OCs. In fact, the original leader of the Knights of D was named Ren, but the author did a revamp of all the characters and decided to replace Ren with Sabo.
- Out of Focus: After the fall of Mariejois, the story shifts from Luffy and the Revolutionary Army to the Straw Hats. While the story will eventually shift back to Luffy, the author states that for now, the rest of the Straw Hats are the main protagonists.
- Parental Abandonment: Though not by choice. Cassandra genuinely loves Luffy, and it pained her to give him up to Garp but she had no choice. Seeing as Dragon was able to infiltrated Mariejois and stay undetected long enough to rape Cassandra in order to conceive Luffy, she had to send her son to Garp so that way Dragon couldn't get to him.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: Word of God states that the loyalty of the Knights of D stems from their respect of Dragon, regardless of whether or not they are aware of his true nature. Yet all of them, including Luffy, are completely unaware that he and Cassandra were not in love, but that instead he raped Cassandra in order to produce Luffy. The author further goes on to state that if they had been aware of this fact, none of them would have followed Dragon in the first place.
- Villainous Breakdown: Akainu loses it in his fight with Luffy once his opponent gains the upper hand, and tries to destroy the entirety of Mariejois just make sure Luffy will die.
- Word of God: There's and author's note explaining and expanding various plot points at the end of each chapter.
- World's Strongest Man: Dragon, who is explicitly stated to be even stronger than both Roger and Whitebeard. Though Luffy is stated to have the potential to surpass him by virtue of the fact that Dragon's blood runs through his veins.
- Elektra of the Knights of D is (via Word of God) the strongest woman world. The only person able to dispute that would be Big Mom, but she's dead so the title's undisputed by default.
- Worthy Opponent: Downplayed. Akainu commends Luffy's strength but states that a criminal like him could never defeat justice.