is the name of a Tiger & Bunny
fic wherein Kotetsu finds himself compelled by crime boss, Luthor Bellisair, to kill Barnaby. How did Bellisair manage that? Well you see, Bellisair is a NEXT with the ability to get people to do his bidding by looking his victim in the eye and saying "Objective: [perform a task]."
The other heroes quickly discover Bellisair's treachery and now have three goals: Stop Kotetsu from killing his partner, stop Barnaby from unknowingly wandering into a death trap, and find the man responsible so they have a chance at changing Kotetsu back.
The story is complete on the Dreamwidth Anon Meme here
, but it's being de-anoned with edits and snippets of new content on a three-day schedule on Fanfiction.net here
Tropes Associated with this fic
- Antiquated Linguistics: Ivan speaks like this as Origami Cyclone, as part of his samurai character.
- Axe Crazy: What happens to Bellisair's victims if they don't complete their Objective within one week of getting it.
- Berserk Button: As poor Sumo Thunder finds out the hard way, Nathan does not take well to his beloved sports car being used in a Car Fu attempt.
- Big Bad Wanna Be: Word of God says that Bellisair thinks he's in the same league as Maverick
- Brainwashed and Crazy: What Bellisair does to his victims.
- Catholic School Girls Rule: Invoked by Karina, when she dresses up as Blue Rose in an (improvised) sexy version of her school uniform to persuade a thug to part with his bike.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Lunatic on Bellisair
- Compelling Voice: Bellisair has one of sorts.
- Creepy Crossdresser: Nathan pretends to be one in order to get information on Bellisair's whereabouts from one of his thugs.
- Deal with the Devil: Ivan makes a deal with Lunatic to keep two of Bellisair's goons safe.
- He also asks Lunatic to delay killing Bellisair until the heroes have fixed Tiger. He only sort of does.
- Disguised in Drag: Agnes dolls Barnaby up in an attempt to fool Kotetsu.
- Dramatic Drop: Keith drops and breaks a jar of spaghetti sauce when Barnaby tells him Kotetsu is on his way over.
- Drives Like Crazy: Brainwashed Kotetsu, probably because he's too focused on killing Barnaby than watching the road.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: Upon meeting him, John immediately decides that the brainwashed Kotetsu is up to no good and proceeds to chase him out of Keith's apartment and down the street.
- Fake Boobs: Due to normally lacking the bust to successfully pull off Blue Rose, Karina has to pad her bra with Pao Lin's socks when duty calls. Her returning them afterwards causes Pao Lin to get a bit flustered.
- Fakeout Makeout: One of the techniques used to distract Barnaby
- Hoist by His Own Petard: How do you contain a man that has the power to increase his strength by 100 times? Tie him up with his own super-strength wires.
- Interrupted Intimacy: Happens to a poor couple when Karina sets off the sprinklers in Barnaby's apartment building, causing them to rush out in nothing but towels.
- It Only Works Once: Bellisair can only give someone one Objective.
- Lethal Chef: Kotetsu spends a whole evening preparing a poisoned lunch for Barnaby. Then he realizes that Barnaby is never going to eat his crappy cooking, so he just laces a ready made lunch with glass cleaner.
- Living MacGuffin: Kaede's Mega Manning abilities once again become essential in stopping the evil plot, as she uses Bellisair's power to give Kotetsu a different, less lethal Objective.
- Bellisair himself may qualify, as the heroes search for him as a way to restore Kotetsu to normal.
- Loophole Abuse: Bellisair said that he couldn't override an Objective.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Barnaby
- Love Confession: Karina tries this on Barnaby to distract him, but it falls flat once he calls her out on her Everyone Can See It crush on Kotetsu. This leads her to try the Fakeout Makeout tactic instead.
- Madness Mantra: Scenes from Kotetsuís POV contain repetitions of the phrase ĎKill Bunny,í which grows louder and more insistent, occasionally mingling with Kotetsuís own thoughts.
- Magic A Is Magic A: Bellisair can only give Objectives with a clear end point. For instance, he can't give the order "obey me," because it's unclear when the victim will be finished obeying the Objective.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Just when Kaede is poised to give Kotetsu a different Objective, Sumo Thunder decides to launch a car at them. This causes Kotetsu to grab and rescue her, inadvertently replacing Bellisair's command power with Hundred Power.
- Only Sane Man: Antonio and Agnes for the First League heroes, and Chopman for the Second League.
- Playing Drunk: Nathan does this in order to get Barnaby to escort him home and stay the night. Barnaby only agrees once Nathan gives him a room that locks from the inside.
- Race Against the Clock: Victims only have a week to complete an Objective before losing their personality completely.
- Slave Mooks: Bellisair turns people into these.
- Stern Chase: The fic revolves around Kotetsu finding Barnaby so he can kill him.
- Sunglasses at Night: Justified. Bellisair has to make eyecontact with his victims, so it makes sense to obscure your eyes if you want to talk to him.
- Telepathic Sprinklers: Played straight when the heroes need to flush Kotetsu out from Barnaby's apartment. Unlike most examples it's justified, since Karina is controlling them with her NEXT powers.
- Where Everybody Knows Your Flame: Nathan uses his gay bar as the heroes' initial HQ. This is hilariously lampshaded by Antonio.