Fan Fic / Nobility
is a Blood+
fanfic. The story expands on the monarchy-type classification of chiropterans. With that expansion, it introduces two more queens and two princes born in each generation of nobility (the collective term for queens and princes). Most all of the nobility have Technicolor Eyes
, to the extent that it turns into a plot point. The plot centers around Anjou, a prince with a prideful disposition and gold eyes. His driving force is to live peacefully with the rest of the nobility. However, his brother, Didier
antagonizes him every chance he gets. It is thought that Didier's motivation to kill Anjou, thus becoming the the only prince, and king. The series is at this point fairly young and ongoing.
Nobility provides examples of:
- Badass Princess: Nathalie is revealed to be one, going toe-to-toe with Anjou, and two of his Chevalier, even though she is technically a queen.
- Berserk Button: The most notable example is Anjou's and Nathalie's first encounter. Forrest first pressed Nathalie's by pulling out a few strands of her hair. She killed him, which turned out to be Anjou's button.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Anjou voices his distrust of quiet people and stoics.
- Big Bad: Didier.
- Black and Gray Morality: On one hand we have Didier, who is stated to be far worse than Diva ever could be. On the other, we have Anjou, who freely admits that he has little care for human life, but just wants to be left alone with his family.
- Chess Motifs: During Anjou's and Nathalie's first battle, they consistently refer to all of the fighters as chess pieces.
- Demoted to Extra: So far, this appears to be Saya's fate in this fic.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Nathalie kills Forrest simply because he tore out a few strands of her hair.
- Dream Sequence: Chapter 5 was almost completely dream sequence, in which Anjou's memories of his lost Chevalier's deaths are detailed.
- Evil Parents Want Good Kids: When Nathalie is revealed to be pregnant, she reveals her intent to give her babies to Anjou to raise because she doesn't want them to become monsters like her.
- Evil Twin: Nathalie and Didier are definitely evil. However, Diva has yet to make an appearance.
- For the Evulz: Didier has, according to Anjou, started an entire war simply to hurt him.
- Friend to All Children: Anjou has quite a soft spot for kids, human and chiropteran alike.
- Hammerspace: Lampshaded with Cato's violin.
- Hammerspace Hair: Nathalie pulls a sword out of her hair. Slightly averted in the fact that the sword can actually fit in her hair.
- Invulnerable Knuckles: Subverted when Kai punches Anjou.
- Magic Shirt: Averted; every time Anjou manifests his wings, he tears his shirt apart. Riku even lampshades it.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Due to Didier's cruelty, Naomi left him in favor of Anjou.
- Musical Assassin: The twins Pizzi and Cato use a flute and a violin to attack, respectively.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Didier, to the max. Nathalie too.
- Now, That's Using Your Teeth!: Anjou breaks Nathalie's sword by biting it.
- Our Vampires Are Different: The story expands on the original concepts.
- Pregnant Badass: It is revealed that Nathalie is pregnant when her blood fails to kill Naomi.
- Rapunzel Hair: Nathalie's hair drags on the floor whenever she walks. It also doubles as a Berserk Button.
- Replacement Sibling: Anjou states that, though Saya is technically his cousin, he prefers to think of her as his sister.
- Shout-Out: The author loves this trope. Specifically in chapter 6, where he has Anjou and Didier fighting, shouting quotes from Bleach as taunts, and Corina leaving a doll specifically designed after Shinku, from Rozen Maiden.
- Also, Pizzi and Cato, Didier's Chevalier, were based completely off of Kanaria from Rozen Maiden.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Anjou is prideful, chivalrous, quick to anger, and, recently, has generally good morals. Didier kills people For the Evulz, prefers to Mind Rape his victims, and is actually relatively calm. They're Technicolor Eyes are even on the opposite sides of the color wheel.
- Technicolor Eyes: Taken to an extreme as a plot point. Each member of the nobility has an eye color that corresponds to the color wheel. The primary colors and the secondary colors must fight each other.
- Theme Naming: All of the members of the nobility, besides Saya and Diva, have French names.
- Title Drop: A lot, but that's because the title is used to refer to the main characters.
- Troperiffic: The author has stated that he loves TV Tropes, and purposely invokes tropes.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Saya is shocked and horrified that Anjou would be willing to kill a living human to infiltrate a school. Anjou just tells her that she shouldn't be concerned with humans.
- Winged Humanoid: Anjou's chiropteran form has huge, yellow wings.
- Wolverine Claws: When Anjou transforms his hands, his claws reach the floor.
- Would Hurt a Child: Didier did this in Anjou's dream sequence, which was a collection of memories of how his Chevalier had been killed. The child Chevalier wasn't even a serious threat. He just did it For the Evulz.